CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Looking for someone to fabricate an exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for someone to fabricate an exhaust!

Old 05-07-2008, 05:48 PM

Come on down to Oceanside, CA (about 90 miles south) to Warner Muffler. He did a great job on my ZX-9R (sold)and2003 954RR (this was done about 2 month ago).See for yourself below. Jim atWerners charged$225for the pipe and the rest cost me: $170 for the muffler (WRP)$125 Comp Werks finder eliminator, and $25 for materials (i.e. bolts for the muffler bracket andto close off the trunk area I cut back to ensure the mufflerfitunder the tail). I mounted the muffler before I took him the bike.

LET ME TELL YOU . . . the new exhaust give the bikemuch more mid and top end pull than with a standard slip-on.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:52 PM

Hey all, just got in from work and heading to class so I will try to keeo this short and as detailed as possible. I like the look on the Ninja simple, that's more of what I'm looking for. Not so many pipes on the side, but I want more under the tail. Weid? Probably. It may still look like a$$ but I'm trying to picture a 954 with a differant exhaust. Somebody makes an undertail axhaust with four smaller pipes at the exit but I can't for the life of know who. If you have the latest issue of Sport Rider (June 08) it shows it on a bike in a tire add on page 45. A friend of mine doesn't like undertail exhaust, but I'm just looking into a lot of customization stuff and am trying to picture this exhaust on a 54. Any ways off to my training course for a bit. I'll be back on when I get home in about 1.5 hrs. Thanks for all the work guys. And yes, I might just have to make my way to Oceanside simple guy. Thanks for the info.

Wildcard

Old 05-07-2008, 09:00 PM

Wildcard,
The Guy at Warner Muffler will make any pipe you want; 8 singles coming out the back, 2 coming out the back, no muffler, what ever. Take him the pic and say "I want this" and I would say there's a 99.9% chance you'll get it but remember you'll pay big $$$$ if its complicated becuase he does custom work by the hour. When your done I'm positive you'll love it.

My only recommendation is that you get the bike Dyno'ed after you have the new pipe installed. Also if you do not havea Power Commander on the bike call up www.advancedkawasaki.com in your area. If you buy their P3, they will dyno yourbike for $100 per an ad I saw on the Kawi website. Call first to verify the deal I mentioned. Also after you buy the P3, get the pipe made then have it dynoed. Saves you about $150.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:28 PM

Well I'm back. The website you mentioned Simple is a Kawasaki website, will they do work and offers like that on a Honda? I know, I know, I'm new to the sport bike thing. Anyhow, eight might be a tad much, however if he can make anything I'm looking for I'm assuming my own custom design is quite do-able. Awesome, by the way, did anyone see the exhaust I was talking about and what do you think the 54 will look like with this? I've also seen an exhaust that exits from the bottom of the fairing. Of course this will require some heat dissapating material inserted in a manufactured hole, but all in all a nice design. I seen it on the new KTM RC8. Nice looking bike!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

can i assume this is the exhaust you saw wildcard

Old 05-07-2008, 10:48 PM

YES!!!! Thank you for posting a darn Pic!!! Hell I've been trying to find out who makes it, how to buy it, a way to fabricate it....(many explicit words being used here at the moment)!!!! Well what do you guys/gals think of this on a 54? Now if we could get that pic of the new KTM exhaust we might be able to get a vote in. TK....YOU DA MAN!

Wildcard

Old 05-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Personally i love that Agusta exhaust, i drool every time i see my buddies. I however dont think our bike has the tail for it, again just opinion. The KTM exhaust is very stealthy, and i am sure you could do something similar to that, just have to hack up your plastics

Old 05-07-2008, 11:26 PM

^^^that one sexy torture rake

Old 05-07-2008, 11:26 PM

Awesome pics TK, of both exhausts. I think the KTM I was looking at was on the 08 1190, I think. It seems like it is a slimmer, quicker design, but excellent pics of both exhausts that I'm looking at incorporating to my bike. What do you all think? I think either one would be a unique design/look to the 54.

Thanks all,
wildcard

Quick Reply: Looking for someone to fabricate an exhaust!