CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Looking to do something new.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to do something new.

Hey Everyone, I'm looking to add to my bike, can't think of too much more. So far I have planned:

power commander
swingarm sliders
chrome with diamond rubber slotted grips

I wanna do something new though, I just don't see too much more I can do, anyone with some good ideas let me know. I'm also up in the air about a rear hugger. I like the idea of not having to wipe my undertail off everytime I come home but I like the look of not having the hugger. Let me know what you guys think, yes or no... I'm Not looking to put anything in to make the bike faster.. she's quick enough. I'm just lookin to add more style. Also I was thinking of changing the exhaust. I have a Micron on it now and I love the fact that I can repack the muffler easily, anyone got any recommendations? I don't like the extreme loadness of the D&D exhausts. Also I was wondering if anyone new where I can pick up a new rear fairing for a decent price, mine has a crack on the right, below the seat, I have the undertail held on by a zip tie.. kinda ghetto rigged but i don't wanna pay bikebandit.com 500 for the part then have it painted.

Syracuse Omen Motorcycle Club

[IMG]local://upfiles/5000/78910E94F6BE4ABEB179213537B93022.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5000/C28DACB6948E4D29BC6050A9811BB9B0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-22-2006, 11:15 AM
TEN
Default RE: Looking to do something new.

One of the best upgrades I have made to my 954 is a Scotts Steering Dampener. Little pricey but well worth the money!

Old 02-22-2006, 05:52 PM

Nice looking bike! Give me a shot at selling you a power commander and the sliders.

I will make you a good deal.

Thanks,
J.T.
www.chromewhore.com

Old 02-22-2006, 11:55 PM

ORIGINAL: flew_by_yew
I'm also up in the air about a rear hugger. I like the idea of not having to wipe my undertail off everytime I come home but I like the look of not having the hugger.
The hugger will not keep debris off of the undertail it limits it from not having one at all.

Old 02-27-2006, 11:48 PM

If you want a good exhaust go with, Two Brothers, i have had one on both my bikes and my fourwheeler, they add some hp. but best of all they don;t sound like a sick ***** screaming in a coffee can, they're clean smooth sound and a cool look! a steering dampner isnt a bad idea either...depending on what yu wanna spend. if yu wanna get some plastic search for a place called GREENS on the web. theyre here in KY and are the largest bike salvage in the US. if they aint got it theyll get it! and cheap.

Old 02-28-2006, 07:57 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. Sik i'll let u know when I got the doe for it, been thinkin about gettin one for a while now. From what I have heard about the steering dampner's for the 954 is that they don't really change much. I used to have one on my old bike and I loved it, How much of a difference is the dampner making for u guys?

Old 02-28-2006, 10:13 PM

lets put it this way... i have bought 2 new 954's and didn't leave the dealership until i put a scotts dampner on. This is a must for a liter bike like the 954. Makes a HUGE difference.