CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

I got it! My new 954RR!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005 | 02:37 AM
Default I got it! My new 954RR!

I'm finally home. 10 hours down there and 10 hours back. Just rolled into the house and it's 11:30pm argh what a drive.

I love this bike though. I can't wait to get some time riding it.

Red and Black 02 just like I wanted! It already has flushmounts on the front / frame sliders/ and a two brother slip on.
Oh and it's freakin' perfect! I have a power commander in the mail too! WOOHOO!

I'm attaching a pic of the bike sitting at it's previous home.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2435/4D58666C34A74A219BB96C4D6D12FB8E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-20-2005 | 03:16 AM
Default RE: I got it! My new 954RR!

Sweeeeeeet bro welcome fellow 954er....... I am sure your gonna love it I sure do, to bad its winter here where I live. Let us know how it turns out for ya.
Have fun, Be safe!

Old 11-20-2005 | 03:19 AM

dude, you can feel your excitement thought the computer...so excited for ya...have fun!!

Old 11-20-2005 | 12:22 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti

very nice!

Old 11-20-2005 | 01:07 PM

Thanks guys. Yeah I bet everyone can feel my excitement. This is even my first sport bike. I've ridden a honda cruiser for years but sweet jezus this thing has a lot of power. I can't wait for a nice warm day!

Hey Arkas it's COLD here too. I'm in Little Rock and usually it's 70 degrees on Christmas, but man it got cold FAST this year. Probably not a good sign of things to come this winter.

However if there's a warm day I'll be out there!

Old 11-20-2005 | 03:06 PM

I hear ya bro. Suppose to be warm here all week but I don't want to chance it with my balled tires, last thing I need to do is drop it. So did you drive it back on the trailer like you were talking about?
I love the 954 also, I had 2X 600's before ( CBR F4 and F4i) they don't even come close to the performance of the 954, so much power with the same weight as the F4i. Too bad they don't make the 954 anymore. You got a nice looking bike there for sure a nomination for up-coming CBR of the month. Have fun and let me know how your first day riding goes.

Old 11-20-2005 | 08:42 PM

It's a handfull for sure.

Thanks for the compliments. I love this thing. It's just a beautiful bike. And I'm 6'1" and I have plenty of room. I took it for a few spins around the block today gonna take a lot of getting used to. It feels a lot quirkier at low speed than my Honda spirit of course. And it's a lot more interesting to turn. I can already feel the pressure on the palms of my hand pressing into the grips. I need to find some good gloves for that I guess.

Yep I drug it all the way back on my little bike trailer. Got pulled over because my car's tail lights were out. The trailer had made them blow a fuse. I thought for sure I was going to get my SECOND ticket of the trip. The first one was on some Louisiana back road. 78 in a 55. Not sure how much that's gonna cost me.

This was going to be a cheap trip. But then the wife wanted to go with me. So we had to stay on the beach, eat some nice seafood, buy gifts for people, and then I prolly got this $300 ticket... I got a good deal on the bike thank god.

SIK

Old 11-20-2005 | 09:41 PM

****ty getting a ticket, I got nailed 2 weeks ago 92 Kms in a 70km zone. I thought it was 80km so I went 10 over which is safe here but I didnt know it was actually 70 so I was doing 22kms over, $132.00 later for being a dumb ***. The leaning forward takes a toll on the wrist for the first couple of weeks but you get use to it.

Old 11-20-2005 | 10:36 PM

Ahhh yeah tickets suck. Sorry to hear that.

Yeah I feel it more in the palm of my hands than my wrists. I guess I'll get over it. The whole seating position is just crazy to me right now. It's like learning to ride a bike all over again. I'm used to riding cruisers all laid back with my feet out on forward controls!

Feels like I need some damn grip tape on the sides of the tape because my legs can't hold me from flying forward when I'm braking.

Crazy bike. I love it.

Old 11-20-2005 | 10:41 PM

Oh and speaking of bike of the month....

You guys need to get over to my website www.chromewhore.com The month is coming to an end and Vortex is giving away a lowering link for the winning sport bike. I STILL don't have many sport bikes I have nothing but cruisers almost. Sheesh.

I just don't have the connections to reach out to the sport bike guys I guess. But there's a whole separate category. And your bike is NICE man you need to give it a shot. Just throw your pics up and then have all these guys come vote for you hah. You need at least 10 votes to move into the "current standings" and be eligible to win. Go for it.

I gave away a set of Vortex frame sliders last month to the winner. Not sure what's up next month. I think I'm going to offer one of the Vortex gas cap kits.

Anyway - check it out. It doesn't cost anything.

Later,
SIK

Quick Reply: I got it! My new 954RR!