CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

G'day!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G'day!

Hey everyone,

Recently bought a Honda 954 and thought I would introduce myself!

From Sydney Australia, and I'm an Avid Honda fan.

First bike was a Honda CBR250RR which I modified to the **** house and now I've gotten my hands on this beautiful baby.

Shes, what I would say is "Covered in Discounts". Previous owner was in an accident and she's banged up a bit but its all cosmetic, but thats how I like it! Gives me a project to work on over the summer!

Heres a pic of her at the moment.

In my lounge room I have the begining of my Bling Bling - Full Akra Race System, Galfer Braided lines, PCIIIusb, BMC Air filer, flush rear indicators, integrated mirro/indicators, and I have these fairings coming in to replace my set - as although you cant see the cracks on the sides and rear - they're definately present.

I want to get some Carbon Fiber parts to compliment this little baby - but I'm not too keen on ebay as a relaiable source of parts. And the places in Australia are rediculous on price, just wondering if anyone knows where I can get some CF Air Ducts, Rear Hugger and Front Fender that are decent on price...

Cant wait till this little toy is back on the road.

Marc

Old 11-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Default RE: G'day!

to be honest man.....dont waste the money.....cause if you think about it....cf will tear up as fast as a nice looking pair of plastics.....difference being price....might look good but i think the stock plastics look great...it has a awsome color scheme to it and all out a outstanding looking bike

Old 11-28-2007, 09:37 AM

Great looking bike. I can see the crack around the headlight but like you said " it's cosmetic"!!! Have fun on it and be safe. Welcome to the forums!!

Old 11-28-2007, 09:55 AM

yea bud im in the same position i like a good project if you get rid of those plastics let me know im always looking for stunt plastic but welcome youll find some great tips and convo here

Old 11-28-2007, 12:25 PM

Welcome mate. The bike is gonna behot!! Good luck on your projects

Old 11-28-2007, 04:08 PM
VP

hey welcome!

I dig the yellow man we didn't get that color combo in the states!

Old 11-28-2007, 07:59 PM

I really like the Yellow/Blue colour combo as well - But cos of all the damage the colours have got to go. To give you an idea I bought it for about $7500AUD - compared to market price of $12,500AUD.

Its hard to see the damage in those pics because i specifically positioned the bike to hide the damage. I just wanted some nice pics of her.

Pretty much the headlights are held on by 1 tab. The lugs at the rear of the headlights are snapped. The Front fairing is in 2 pieces and held together by tape. The side fairings on both sides have cracks along the top edge, the right fairing has been ground down to start showing holes in the plastics, and the ducktail has groves put in her fairly deep and long. I have a very strong feeling that the upper and lower fairing stays/brakets are bent/warped as well.

I could have repaired her and kept the original colours, but for the money the fairings I'm getting were worth the spare time, and these fairings are going to repaired into trackday fairings, so its still well worth it for me.

Once I start putting everything together and get the tank sprayed I'll throw up a new thread!

Marc

Old 11-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

hey welcome!

I dig the yellow man we didn't get that color combo in the states!
get it --- custom paint job --- duh

Old 11-28-2007, 09:29 PM

It's a great damn bike, your going to love it. Just be careful...I was riding today and as cold as it is my tire kept slipping on my rolling burn-outs.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Phazen

It's a great damn bike, your going to love it. Just be careful...I was riding today and as cold as it is my tire kept slipping on my rolling burn-outs.
its summer in australia right now, or at least damn near.