CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Fuel Injector Broke?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 01:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Injector Broke?!

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

goto your local autozone , kragens, checkers or whatever you have and they usually will let you borrow a multi meter
I've used one before but I'm not familiar with them. I'm taking it I just ground the negative needle and take the positive to each wire looking for current?

Old 06-01-2007, 01:57 AM

It's been a while since I used a DMM, which is rarely anyways but the service manual seems to be very helpful. I'm gonna check few more sensors tomorrow and see what's up. I really think its a faulty ignition switch since it's doing this after we workd on it, and manual states that as one of the problems if there no light comming on for faulty memory.

I'll update tomorrow afternnon.

thanks

Old 06-01-2007, 06:55 AM

yeah what u said is pretty much how u use it, but if u tap into a wire that is not a hot wire u wont get anything but at the same time make sure u get a good ground cuz ive seen plenty of people thinkin they aint gettin power but it turns out they didnt have a good ground. wit the bike not doin anything in gear check ur clutch lever to make sure the wiring for the bypass is good, also check the kick stand wirin just in case that could cause it not to do anything in gear. hope this helps lemme know how things are goin.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:53 PM

ORIGINAL: pimpncbr954s

yeah what u said is pretty much how u use it, but if u tap into a wire that is not a hot wire u wont get anything but at the same time make sure u get a good ground cuz ive seen plenty of people thinkin they aint gettin power but it turns out they didnt have a good ground. wit the bike not doin anything in gear check ur clutch lever to make sure the wiring for the bypass is good, also check the kick stand wirin just in case that could cause it not to do anything in gear. hope this helps lemme know how things are goin.
Will do, thought i don't ever remember the bike doing anything at all when its in gear and i try to start it. It usually just powers up but does nothing. But i'll check still, im new to this. Also, I rode the bike home and if my clutch wiring was messed up...wouldn't that have shown riding home. I started it several after too...but now still nothing.

Thanks and i'll keep trying.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:41 PM

the clutch wiring just letsstart it in gear cuz if u were able to start it in gear wit no clutch what would happen? it would come from underneath u. even wit the clutch pulled in and in gear it will not start if the kickstand is down. there is only one bike i know of that u can start it in gear wit the kickstand down and thats a kawasaki zx-6r. one more thing ur battery is good right cuz if u dont have enough crankin amps then it will click but no start. have u tried push startin it to see if ur start switch is screwed up? just keep at it and lemme know the results and ill try to help u as much as possible wit the info i know from workin on my own stuff.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:32 PM

ORIGINAL: pimpncbr954s

the clutch wiring just letsstart it in gear cuz if u were able to start it in gear wit no clutch what would happen? it would come from underneath u. even wit the clutch pulled in and in gear it will not start if the kickstand is down. there is only one bike i know of that u can start it in gear wit the kickstand down and thats a kawasaki zx-6r. one more thing ur battery is good right cuz if u dont have enough crankin amps then it will click but no start. have u tried push startin it to see if ur start switch is screwed up? just keep at it and lemme know the results and ill try to help u as much as possible wit the info i know from workin on my own stuff.
Thanks again, I can't say it enough to everyone on here. I'll try today and keep yall updated tonight. And my battery seems to be fine, all power cuts on and it's cranking up but i'll check it, and once i get my plastics on the front i'll go and try to push start it to. I just didn't know if i could do that with the fuel injector not primping...

thanks

Emmanuel

Old 06-01-2007, 11:08 PM

*UPDATE*

Tried to push start the bike, and ovcourse didn't work. It puddered up like it wanted to..but nothing. I didn't think it would without that FuelPump working but I tried.

ATTN: PimpnCBR954s
Clutch wiring is fine, it cranks in any gear with clutch held in the same as it does in nuetral, but nothing. I double checked all harnesses again today and everything looks just fine. I'm going to get the DMM sometime tomorrow and see what I can find out about the ignition switch. All ideas welcome.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:23 PM

fuel injector or fuel pump???

Old 06-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's the fuel pump...... stop saying fuel injector, first it's wrong and second there are more then 1 injector

Old 06-01-2007, 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: bobjoezx

it's the fuel pump...... stop saying fuel injector, first it's wrong and second there are more then 1 injector
thank you!! -lift up fuel tank-remove fuel return line off of fuel rail-place end into coke(or beer!)bottle
-crank engine does anything come out???
if you have any questions about this-i will/should be sober in the morning
[sm=icon_guiness.gif]-ill get you through it(just not tonight!!)[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector Broke?!