CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Fuel gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel gauge?

every other market but the U.S. gets a neet digital economy gauge.They get the hiss system and the cools colors too we dont get d1ck.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:26 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Well it's your thread...

It's not nonsense. It's science. If you'd like to discuss it, I'm open but I'm not taking to cynism well lately.

Do some research on what I said and if you'd like to discuss it further I'd be more than happy to oblidge.

I'm too lazy to do a search mainly because I really don't care, but it sounds like rubbish to me.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:41 PM

Thats because back in 02 and 03 the REAL sport bikes didnt have a fuel gauge. They figured if u werent smart enough to figure out what that bright orange light in the middle of ur tach means. Then maybe you should have bought a Katana...Also, i find it would be hard to see my gas gauge while doing stand ups. But for sure, i can see when that bright orange light comes on, hehe....=-)

Old 04-02-2008, 07:42 PM

ORIGINAL: ReSpEcT

Thats because back in 02 and 03 the REAL sport bikes didnt have a fuel gauge. They figured if u werent smart enough to figure out what that bright orange light in the middle of ur tach means. Then maybe you should have bought a Katana...Also, i find it would be hard to see my gas gauge while doing stand ups. But for sure, i can see when that bright orange light comes on, hehe....=-)

Well i've never noticed the light seeing as how it's never come on. I'm not going to say what you can do with your katana comment.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Trouble

Well i've never noticed the light seeing as how it's never come on. I'm not going to say what you can do with your katana comment.
Its all good....But since u have never seen that orange light come on, maybe u havent ran it low unough on fuel. Or its possible ur fuel reserve sensor has went out on the bike, or even a bad connection on the reserve wire. Could be several things wrong there...I would run it to about 140 miles on the tank. If you dont see the orange light by then, then i would be looking at possible one of the above problems....ABout the Katana, i had a Katana 750 before i bought my 954....Damn what a world of a difference....Now i bought her a 600 F4i, and damn its just as much fun as the 954, just doesnt have the power though.....=-)

Old 04-02-2008, 08:22 PM

ORIGINAL: ReSpEcT

ORIGINAL: Trouble

Its all good....But since u have never seen that orange light come on, maybe u havent ran it low unough on fuel. Or its possible ur fuel reserve sensor has went out on the bike, or even a bad connection on the reserve wire. Could be several things wrong there...I would run it to about 140 miles on the tank. If you dont see the orange light by then, then i would be looking at possible one of the above problems....ABout the Katana, i had a Katana 750 before i bought my 954....Damn what a world of a difference....Now i bought her a 600 F4i, and damn its just as much fun as the 954, just doesnt have the power though.....=-)

I just bought the 954, only on my second tank. I'll run it down and see if the light works. Any idea how much fuel you've got when it does come on?

Old 04-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

0.9 gallon but basically about 1 gallon.. 30 miles or so

Old 04-02-2008, 09:14 PM

That's helpfull, thanks.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:32 PM
VP

I have to admit I'm somewhat jealous of the F4i guys... that fuel gage is pretty damn nice if you forget to reset your trip meter.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya i had one on my 600rr.. was nice but i got used to the 954 low fuel light.. all i really need anywayz

Quick Reply: Fuel gauge?