CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 954RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-954rr-21/)
-   -   Exhaust header (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-954rr-21/exhaust-header-156182/)

avisailflores1 06-17-2017 10:55 PM

Exhaust header

2 Attachment(s)
I got a 954 about a month ago and noticed that the exhaust header is kinda smashed in towards the top of the header. Kinda looks like a cobra neck also it has a super shorty exhaust that I don't think even belongs to this bike. Can anyone tell me why they would pinch the headers in like that and did they actually sell a super shorty exhaust for this bike

74demon 06-17-2017 11:08 PM

That's not a stock exhaust.

I don't know if the header was pinched intentionally or was damaged other ways, but it shouldn't be.

avisailflores1 06-18-2017 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by 74demon (Post 1305396)
That's not a stock exhaust.

I don't know if the header was pinched intentionally or was damaged other ways, but it shouldn't be.

The header doesn't show any road rash at all.. it's pinched in way towards the top of the engine just after the first curve off the block . I will deff be changeing the header but I lose the super shorty exhaust cause it is welded complete.

Tony Mawad 06-18-2017 10:37 AM

Maybe someone tried to put the bike in a truck, or up a ramp, or stairs, and the header was the first thing that would not have enough clearance for such a task.
I seen a shop jack a bike up by the stock exhaust also (you just can't do that with some aftermarket exhaust--not that I am thrilled with the idea of doing it to a stock system!)

Conrice 06-18-2017 01:41 PM

It's probably a micron serpent header. It's very sought after.
http://www.hardracing.com/images/clip_image01.jpg

If you don't want it - I'll trade you. OEM or Hindle. My Hindle has a similar setup to yours now with regards to the end can

avisailflores1 06-18-2017 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice (Post 1305412)
It's probably a micron serpent header. It's very sought after.
http://www.hardracing.com/images/clip_image01.jpg

If you don't want it - I'll trade you. OEM or Hindle. My Hindle has a similar setup to yours now with regards to the end can

That is exactly how it looks.. and obv the slip is a micron so I guess it all makes sense.. but what's the point of it doesn't it restrict flow??

avisailflores1 06-18-2017 02:57 PM

Also how does the power commander go hooked up? The bike has one I was told it lost the tune due to bike just sitting with dead battery. All wires are there I believe it has 2 big plugs and 2 smaller plugs .. just don't know where everything goes. It is the power commander 3r so non USB just the 9 pin serial port which I need to get the cable for

Conrice 06-19-2017 08:06 PM

Had one of those too. Worked really well, not sure if I have the cable still but I remember it was a PITA to find. Luckily, I had an old laptop with a 9-pin drive on it. Now I think they make usb conversion kits which you'll need a driver program for your computer for it to work correctly.

Basically, you're going to have a ground, and then 2 connectors for the fuel injector harness and 2 connectors for the coil harness. Think of the PC as the middle man between the ECU and the injectors/ignition coils. So where the fuel injector harness plugs into the main harness, the PC plugs into each side of the harness. Same thing with the ignition coil harness.

You'll want to boot it up and see if the old map is there. If you still have contact with the PO, they probably gave him the map on a disc. You have to DL a program for the PCIIIr and you can upload stuff to that program and load it. Also, dynojet keeps a cache of maps to DL for free and you can modify those as well.

avisailflores1 06-21-2017 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Conrice (Post 1305440)
Had one of those too. Worked really well, not sure if I have the cable still but I remember it was a PITA to find. Luckily, I had an old laptop with a 9-pin drive on it. Now I think they make usb conversion kits which you'll need a driver program for your computer for it to work correctly.

Basically, you're going to have a ground, and then 2 connectors for the fuel injector harness and 2 connectors for the coil harness. Think of the PC as the middle man between the ECU and the injectors/ignition coils. So where the fuel injector harness plugs into the main harness, the PC plugs into each side of the harness. Same thing with the ignition coil harness.

You'll want to boot it up and see if the old map is there. If you still have contact with the PO, they probably gave him the map on a disc. You have to DL a program for the PCIIIr and you can upload stuff to that program and load it. Also, dynojet keeps a cache of maps to DL for free and you can modify those as well.

Thank you for the help...I got it all connected to the bike. PC3 lights up but wont let the bike fire up. I had a 9 pin cable and found a computer with a 9 pin port and up loaded a tune to the PC3 but still wont turn on. If i disconnect the 2 smaller red plugs and put them back to stock the bike will fire no problem but will run horrible. I'm not sure what the red plugs do or if there is another set that I'm supposed to be connecting to or if the PC3 is just bad.

Conrice 06-23-2017 11:14 AM

The red plug for the bike is the ignition rotor off the crank IIRC. Post a pic to be sure. I would try to put the PCIIIr into "zero" mode witch no modified map for the bike to run. Was there any map on it?