CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 954RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-954rr-21/)
-   -   Drag racing (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-954rr-21/drag-racing-49951/)

richhowerton 09-19-2007 12:26 AM

Drag racing

OK so I was at Byron Dragway last weekend and I am running 11.20 11.25 ish passes so my cousen wants to take the bike OK I want to see what this thing can do. (I am a BIG guy 6'4 310lbs)he takes the bike and on his first run ever on the thing runs a 10.22 at 139 mph. and second run was about the same little slow in to 3rd. What should this bike run? I have been told it can be a 10.00 or 9.70 bike. I am running -1 + 2 gears.I know how to work on bikes and cars but does this have it in it?

txsmainevent 09-19-2007 02:19 AM

RE: Drag racing

ITS ALOT OF VARIENTS WHEN DRAGGIN. U WILL GET ANSWERS LIKE THE 954 WILL ONLY RUN THIS FAST BUT DEPENDS ON CONDITIONS. A BIKE WILL RUN SLIGHTLY FASTER DURING COLDER ENVIRONMENTS AS COMPARED TO HOTTER ENVIRONMENTS. WEIGHT ON THE FRONT END IS ANOTHER FACTOR DUE TO KEEPIN THE FRONT END DOWN AND KEEPIN THE THROTTLE WIDE OPEN. WHETHER THE BIKE IS LOWERED, OR LOWERED AND STRETCHED. WHAT TYPE OF GEARS YOU RUNNIN. WHAT BOBJOE OR VP CAN RUN IS NOT GONNA BE THE SAME AS WHAT YOU AND MYSELF CAN RUN. I DONT BELIEVE THAT IS A QUESTION YOU CAN GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER ON. WITH STOCK GEARIN YOU WILL PROBALY RUN HIGH 10'S-11'S WITH -1 + 2 U WILL PROBALY RUN MID TO LOW 10'S, WIT -2 +2 YOU WILL PROBALY RUN FASTER BUT THEN AGAIN IT ALL DEPENDS ON WEATHER CONDITIONS, TAKE OFF, WHETHER U HAVE TO FIGHT TO KEEP THE BIKE ON THE GROUND, AND SO ON. SO THAT IS THE BEST ANSWER I CAN GIVE YOU.

richhowerton 09-19-2007 03:05 AM

Cool I was plus 4 in the rear and could not keep the ft end down I was pulling it up in the first 3 gears and running 12 and 13 sec droped it down to +2 and droped the times to low 11. prob next week I will be putting in fork seals and I will lower the bike 1 1/2 or 2 in and that will make a diff. I will post it up after the next runs down the track.

gixbusa 09-20-2007 05:07 AM

strap the front tire....

richhowerton 09-21-2007 02:17 AM

I have to change out the fork seals prob next weekend so we are going to lower the bike 2 to 2 1/2 in ft and 1 1/2 to 2 in the rear so that will help too. I do not like the straps it limits the forks and if the ft does come up you do not have the same rebound in the springs, and I have seen it cause tank slappers and bar shake. but that is my thoughts anyone ? ? ?

txsmainevent 09-21-2007 08:38 AM

My thoughts on straps: I dont like them for the simple fact they are forcing the forks to compress which is a no no if you are NOT trying to blow your seals. Its less time consuming using them but I would rather take the extra hour and lower the front end. I got a buddy who lowers whos untill the side fairings are about 1/2 inch off the ground. Also stetch the bike wit the extenders, if you think it will hurt performance just pick up the new Superstreet Bike magazine and watch 6 lowered and stretched wit wide tire kit bikes ride endos and wheelies and corner also.

TK954RR 09-21-2007 08:48 PM

I went the other weekend just for the heck of it, ran 10.7 @ 127. Thats with a few bolt on's and -1 in the front. I think i could have squeezed another tenth or 2 out of it, but not much more. I am not a professional track rider, but i have raced my fair share as well.