CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

which down load map runs leaner? a full exhaust map or a slip on?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which down load map runs leaner? a full exhaust map or a slip on?

On my 954 I'm gonna try to down load a different map to see if I can get a better tune. The map that I have is not even close to a good tune, runs extremely rich even if I try to lean it out with the face plate buttons. Its a half system map. So which way should I go to make it run leaner for a batter tune? A full system down load or a or a slip on down load?

Last edited by cBrentb; 09-06-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

A slip on - putting on a full system leans out the bike, so you add fuel to richen the mix (the map would be rich-er). Go the opposite way, which is slip-on

Old 09-07-2013, 10:47 AM

yeah i tried it and it seems to be a little better. im trying all different maps to see which works best. between the bolt on erion and the bolt on two bros. even though what i find interesting is the the yoshi full system map runs slightly leaner than the two bros in the mid range. which means it should have a better pull in the mid range. its cool looking a playing around with different pc maps.

last night into early this AM i actually spent about five hours looking at the difference between two maps side by side ( between full yosh and bolt on erion and two bros) comparing the actual fuel input at the given rpms to see which ones run leaner and your right. the slip on set ups run leaner. i kinda had a hunch they would but wasnt sure til i compared the maps side by side. thanks. now today with all this good weather im gonna go play around with some maps and peel rubber...hee hee

and the guy at the dyno said "definatly dont change around to different maps because you can get one thats even worse" wtf. i think he didnt want me to figure out that it doesnt hurt to switch maps around til you find the best one (being im new to the FI and pc stuff) and he also didnt want me to know that i can run a map or two thats good enough to get me by.

bike mechanics need to make money too, i understand but, when some one wont help me out and just acts dumb when they know exactyly what to do to help me means they only care about money and not customer service. we shouldnt have to pay for customer service but, ive figured it out, when sales men (bike mechanics especially) find out your not gonna be a big spender and do a lot of stuff your self they all of a sudden get really dumb and dont know **** and cant give any real answers! then you say your gonna get an eight hundred dollar tune up and then all of a sudden they know everything and can give you all the answers. thats why i learned to do all my work on my bike. i can do most stuff except i just dont have a dyno machine to help install a custom map so i'll just have to bight the bullet on this one and get that dyno custom tune soon. now im hunting someone i can trust to do me a really good job on a custom map and not just throw in a downloaded map that has been slightly altered by trimming a little here and there in my.

Last edited by cBrentb; 09-07-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:03 PM

got a good map installed. its the erion bolt on and oem or after market air filter down that is working best on my bike.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:35 PM

I tried the completly stock down load off the pc website and boy does it rip now. I can tell a HUGE difference in performance now. Its the best down load map by far for my bike. I can't believe the difference!