CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 954RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-954rr-21/)
-   -   Did I pay too much? Buyers Remorse! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-954rr-21/did-i-pay-too-much-buyers-remorse-954/)

phastjwd 03-08-2005 03:59 PM

Did I pay too much? Buyers Remorse!

Hey guys/gals, I purchased a used 03 954rr the other day and after I signed the paperwork, I couldnt help myself, I looked around the net some more for the same bike and I think I got burnt. I NEED SOME HONEST OPINIONS PLEASE>>>>>>> I got the bike pictured below with 1300 miles with the following mods being completed as we speak (not included in the pix yet)....chrome dipped front and rear wheels - power commander, paint to match undertail - carbon fiber yoshi full race exhaust - chromed rear sets & shifter - black chrome double bubble windscreen - short stalk front turn signals - all work done proefessionally with fuel mapping and a dyno machine - with all of these mods the bike is in near perfect condition and I agreed to and signed to pay $8000.00. I found a bunch on ebay after the fact for much less but less extras and more miles with true condition unknown. PLEASE HELP - WHAT DO YOU THINK????? thanks James

[IMG]local://upfiles/644/DE2F31020C634F9D85DE5B4059981F3A.jpg[/IMG]

sirlimpzalot 03-09-2005 02:30 AM

RE: Did I pay too much? Buyers Remorse!

With the mentioned mods, and being installed by someone other than yourself, you should be ok...It sounds like a fine bike and dont worry about how much you spent, once you go ride the thing it will be worth every cent!!:) CONGATS ON THE SWEEEEEEEET BIKE!!

phastjwd 03-09-2005 03:26 AM

Thanks for the opinion SIR, I appreciate you always responding to my questions. You are the man!! I NEED SOME MORE OPINIONS ALL YOUS OUT THERE!! HELP!! Thanks again PHAST-JWD

MapJr 03-09-2005 10:11 PM

The retail value (what a dealer would sell it for in present conditon) of that bike is about $7,325.00. The trade-in value (how much you could expect a dealer to pay you for it) is $4,050.00. Don't worry about the price. The bike is sweet and it's an '03.

phastjwd 03-10-2005 05:44 AM

OUCH!! Thanks for the input though. I kinda figured I got burnt, bit it's only 118$ a month and 37$ a month for ins. Hell with it I'll just keep draining my checkbook on it and keep the damn thing. Thanks again!! ANY OTHER OPINIONS OUT THERE???? I THOUGHT THIS WAS A BUSY FORUM??? O N L Y 2 O P I N I O N S ??

[IMG]local://upfiles/644/42A876E4D5134D1E92135E905B3DFB7F.jpg[/IMG]

chainstretcher 03-10-2005 10:39 AM

O.K. - ya got burned ... happy?

Here's the deal, if you're happy with it then it was worth it. The e-bay ads are generally optimistic about condition and performance. My favorite was the ZX12R that would do 250mph stock.

Now you prolly are getting burned on the finance rate so a little fiscal advice would be to avoid other goodies til you pay the beeyatch off.

Congrats!

phastjwd 03-10-2005 01:10 PM

OUCH AGAIN!! Actually I think I got a good interest rate (5.99% for 60 mos)?? NEED MORE OPINIONS PLEASE!!!! Thanks again James

P.s. DOES the aftermarket stuff help any?? LOOK AT ORIGINAL Post FOR LIST oF MODS? I THINK THE GUY PAID 2700$ for all of the add on's.

[IMG]local://upfiles/644/7D94CECE6E5940EB93BBAF1B8D4296A9.jpg[/IMG]

sirlimpzalot 03-11-2005 12:53 AM

That is an EXCEPTIONAL RATE for a Motorcycle ( American Honda Finance promo huh??) Typical motorcycle financing is WAAAAYYYYY higher!! So you did ok there!!

phastjwd 03-11-2005 01:15 AM

I got the rate at a local credit union, my credit is good and the bank is obviously reasonable. They gave me 60 months but they would only finance 70% of NADA retail (retail was like $8750.00 and they would finance like $6140.00 etc). Payment is like $118, insurance is $37 a month. I know I prolly paid to much but stock bikes (I found out later) are going for between 5500$ & 6500$, but you know I have never had a "'stock" bike with no mods, so I would have probably have ended up @ $8000 anyway. I have already spent like 500$ for some more exterior mods. Hey do you call yourself SIRLIMPZALOT beecause of a bad wreck or just a nickname? Just curious. Thanks for the reply on the forum man. James

[IMG]local://upfiles/644/1BFF11A4B874421FBBBB15134B520C55.jpg[/IMG]

sirlimpzalot 03-11-2005 02:25 AM

Well, my user name is because I have sort of limp in my walk, just like I tell the ladies; I don't limp because I am injured....HA HA!!:D
Seriously though I was ina accident in 97 breaking both my hips and legs, ect,,blah blah blah had to learn to walk again, but have some nerve dama-dama-dama-damage :D causing drop foot in my left foot, so it does not work so well, causing a "pimp with a limp"...and there you have it!!
And as I told my fiancee...the men are like parking spots; all the good ones are taken, the rest are way out there, but the best ones are handicapped!!!!
But I still ride everyday, go to trackdays, and I own Apex Motorsports---->>> ( guy in the middle, goofy one up front!!)