CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Beginner on a 954RR....

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beginner on a 954RR....

do yourself a favor and dont listen to this guy. Start off small and work your way up ,an f4i is a great BEGINNER bike. the new 600's rev higher and have more power. they are more dangerous than the older 600's. Just like my 929 is completely different than a 1000. I spent my time in the hospital(not my fault) and i don't want to see anyone else in there So MR. 954RR you can he he he he all you want but I'm not putting this guy in the hospital because I'm cockstrong and want to impress people with a literbike. why don't you let him take your 954 down the street if you have that much faith in a new rider on a liter bike

Old 05-02-2006, 03:49 AM

?

Old 05-02-2006, 09:57 AM

alright BRO I was hospitalized because I got hit by a car and broke both my legs not because of the bike. your wife started on a 600 and then you let her ride your 954 she didn't just hop on your 954 and work her way up. this guy wants a 954 for HIS FIRST BIKE. never ridden before GOT IT. It's like sticking a kid with their permit behind the wheel of a corvette. (yeah just feather the clutch you'll get used to it). ********

Old 05-02-2006, 01:45 PM

?

Old 05-02-2006, 03:04 PM

I don't know **** it seems like you're the one lacking. I don't need to explain **** to you but for the sake of *** holes everywhere here we go. I was on a 5 lane road through town JUST ME a 73 year old lady started turning left ACROSS 5 LANES. I STOPPED! SHE STOPPED! We both STOPPED. SHE WAVED ME THROUGH. I accelerated to the speed limit (25 mph) AFTER SHE WAVED ME THROUGH. THEN SHE WENT RIGHT ON TOP OF ME. ACROSS 5 LANES OF TRAFFIC! NOW I'VE GOT 2 TITANIUM FEMURS AND GOT SOME TIME IN A WHEEL CHAIR. SHE GOT 2 TICKETS = 175.00 AND HAD NO INSURANCE. THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN MY FIRST BIKE AN 01 GSXR 600, BUT NOBODY CAN PREVENT THAT NOT EVEN A LOUDMOUTH COCKSTRONG DUMBASS INSTRUCTOR. TELL ME WHAT I COULD HAVE DONE DIFFERENT , GREAT ONE AND I'LL GLADLY PASS IT ON TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY I'M STILL PAYING ON 4 YEARS LATER. AS A MOTORCYCLE INSTRUCTOR YOU SHOULD TRY TO KEEP PEOPLE FROM GETTING HURT. AS FOR MY PICTURE THAT WAS MY FIRST BURNOUT AND I BOUGHT IT WITH THE FAIRINGS LIKE THAT. NOW WHO DOESNT KNOW ****? No one should EVER have to go through that kind of pain NOT EVEN YOU.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:30 PM

ha ha ha your so gullible and easy to **** off. If your looking for sympathy your barking up the wrong tree......
"cockstrong" now ladies and gentle men there's a sign of intelligence!

You have been blocked cockstrong!

Old 05-03-2006, 01:07 AM

So is this Kid dead yet? If you are buying a liter bike as your first bike, you might as well play russian roollet' for fun. You have better chances of living longer.

Guys like this are the reason I can't afford to buy a liter bike. Too many people who have no business getting on a bike like this, that will wreck. WE ALL PAY WHEN A NEW RIDER GOES DOWN. This is why the isurence rates are so high.

America needs a license system that makes people start small. It will save your life and keep my insurence down!

Noah

Old 05-03-2006, 09:45 AM

not looking for sympathy just trying to keep others from getting hurt. I'm out ********

Old 05-04-2006, 12:40 AM

ORIGINAL: mazdajoe

No, I'm not a person that likes to make things out to be harder than they really are... Tell me, what is so complicated about it. You turn the throttle with your right hand, operate the clutch with your left hand, operate the brakes with your right foot and right hand, and change gears with your left foot. Then turning is just like riding a bicycle and you follow the rules of the road the exact same way you would in a car. I dont see where the complication is. My dad hasnt ridden in 20 years and he hopped on my f4i when I had it and rode it fine. It took me all of 4 hours to become comfortable enough with my first bike to ride it on every type road in all conditions except snow and I had ZERO previous motorcycle experience and very limited manual transmission experience but I have had thousands of hours of bicycle experience. Taking down hill corners at 30+mph on knobby dirt tires will teach anyone the art of cornering. Maybe I am just a naturally talented rider and I should go pro, or your making motorcycling out to be some sort of superhuman activity.
yea, riding along is easy enough. hell, any jackass can figure out how to make a motorcycle move, and turn after maybe a few hours. there's nothing hard about that at all i suppose. as for the brains part, i dont agree with that so much. you can tell yourself over and over what you need to do in whatever situation, but your reflexes and survival instincts are much more powerful than any logical maneuver. like anything else, this is an acquired skill, which you must practice to have a better chance of reacting in a way that won't just make things worse. THAT is the skill that we need to learn as motorists, as do the folks in the cars. everyone has seen or experienced the inexperienced driver lose their attention, realize that the cars in front of them has stopped, locks up the brakes and skids right into the vehicle ahead. what i think is the most important skill for motorcycling, and driving in general, is to simply pay attention. look, listen, be aware of blind spots, and death spots along side any vehicle, not just big rigs and suv's. scrutinize every move that every other motorist makes, never assume that they will check blindspots, or even mirrors. and you definetely should not expect a turn signal from anyone. following the rules of the road is definetely important, but its not enough. you cannot just try to translate your driving into riding a motorcycle. ****, an example... assume that you NEVER have right of way, procede with extreme caution. you have to practice thinking that you are invisible. after all, whats the same thing that any cager who has ever run down, changed lanes into, or all around f*&ked over a guy on a bike? "I didn't even see him!!!" there are some situations where an accident may be inavoidable, but i for one hope that all of us here will do everything we can to maximize our changes of keeping safe, and coming back home every night.

for everyone wanting to learn the basics, im not here to preach my beliefs about choices in motorcycle, i know when you want something, thats it, you want it. but please practice your evasion maneuvers, swerving techniques, and take the advice ive given you. be safe, but most of all, have fun!

Old 11-06-2006, 12:39 AM

to some this up.. you are flirting with death and you don't even know it. People may say I'm exaggerating, but I have a feeling most will not who have ridden 30..50k+ miles like I have on a variety of bikes in all conditions. You are getting advice from a guy who has averaged 15k miles a year since I was 17 y/o. I started on a yzf600r. I was a lucky one, I never dropped it, nor have I ever dropped a bike or wrecked, SUPER KNOCK ON WOOD^3. However, I ALMOST ate it 200 times, and ALMOST dropped it 20+ times. If I was on a literbike supersport like the 954, I'd be sleeping in a coffin. Do not take it any lighter than this. This isn't a steel cage that just peels out when it has extra power to supply. This is a race machine designed to intimidate RACERS and challange RACERS to match it. The intensity the supersport machines of today, IMO is 2000+ give or take year models, 600cc, 750cc, or 1000cc+ are too much to be allowed to be purchased by anyone with a DL. If it was up to me, I'd demand a 4 year probationary period before being able to even take the class required to ride a 954 equivalent bike. And if you think you are just a bad motherf*cker and can handle it, you are preaching to the choir. I just purchased my 954 recently, and thank God I waited this long. Good luck and keep the rubber side down! Everyone here is here to help YOU!

Quick Reply: Beginner on a 954RR....