CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

2nd gear wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd gear wheelies

sup fellaz .. just wanna know if any of you have problems going one wheeler on the second gear .. cuz for some reason i cant .. 1st gear .. no prob .. power weelie or cluth ill make it go and hold it nicely but it just wont lift on second gear .. whih sucks cuz i cant wheelieon the highway unlessì'm goin real slow .. do youthink that the fact that i'm 6 foot 3 inches and 260 pounds affects anything .. any repli is apreciated

Old 07-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2nd gear wheelies

how much expierence do you have... cause it's not the bike, but 260 has a bit to do it with but it's technique

Old 07-08-2007, 11:46 PM
VP

hey man I'm 6'8 255 and I can wheelie in 2nd and 3rd... just takespractice practice practice

Old 07-09-2007, 12:55 PM

not to talk **** but u dont have enough experience if u cant stand it up in 2nd hell even 3rd. if u were 300+ then it might affect u but 2nd gear has plenty of power to stand straight up even on just throttle. first off if ur tryin to do a roll on u need to get to the powerband. accelerate hard up to about 7 grand, release the throttle so the front end compresses then grab a hand full of throttle and it will come up but u will be haulin *** by then. as far as clutchin u can be at about 6 or 7 grand and start slow, if u give it gas then POP the clutch (do not ride the clutch, pull and quickly release) and the front end doesnt come up try it again givin it more gas. keep tryin that till u get the feel for it, start small. NOW THIS IS WHERE U READ THE FINE PRINT: i am only tellin u how a couple of buddies and myself pull a second gear(even 3rd on the 900 series). dont blame me if u wreck, if u wreck matter of fact when u wreck and yes u will cuz all stunters do includin myself wrecked, dont come on here talkin bout yall gave me false info! have fun

Old 07-09-2007, 07:32 PM

I agree....2nd is pretty easy on that bike......it just needs timing.

Also.....the more you weigh.....theoretically the easier it will be to wheelie........you have more weight up high than a 150lbs guy/girl.....again, more weight on the front wheel, but more higher too......again, it's just theory.

It'll do it.........practice.....and be prepared to practice some more.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:42 PM

haha i just went from +5 rear sprocket back to stock and i can still stand it up in 3rd no problem, the 954 is a wheelie monster very nice balancing point, i find it balances better then my f4i did. I think you just need practice dude.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:38 PM

Yup you guys are right .. i need more experience .. this is about my second full summer riding .. so i'm guessing experience is the issue here i got plenty of ***** which is also required to pull stunts like that but i'm also trying to keep the bike in one piece .. therefore for now ill stick to power and clutch on first .. and ill try on 2nd here and there just to see how high i can get it up .. so far i was only able to lift it 4 inches off the ground (on 2nd) guess i'm a lil scared to give the throttle a good yank ! .. thanks for the advice

Old 07-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

leave the clutch alone......

Old 07-10-2007, 04:19 PM

I dont know about clutching 1st. that seems a bit excessive. Clutching 2nd will bring that bitch up EASY!!! So will stand ups. Roll to about 7k in 2nd......stand on the pegs....with your right foot (the rear of it) resting on the exhaust pipe, close the throttle and whack it open........not likely a need for a bounce either but it might help. OR.....you could clutch it.....again, that'll bring it up way easy.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:28 PM

"leave the cluth alone, clutchin 1st... bit excessive" are u kiddin, nothin like clutchin a 1st gear wheelie at 10 mph and playin wit it! i love the feel of clutchin 1st up cuz it jumps up so quick! buti got enough experience and know my bike well enough to do that!

Quick Reply: 2nd gear wheelies