CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I do?

Picked up my 929 this am from shop after getting a new clutch.Felt ok when I left but I attributed it to not riding for a few months due to knee surgery.Felt fine in city riding took it easy because the wife was following(she is not to happy about me being back on a motorcycle).Well anyway she had to stop at store so I had the chnce to twist it.Well I have major slippage from 5 to 7grand.Got home called the shop they told me I didnt break in new clutch.Ok so I adjusted thought that might be problem.Didn't help.So I went in fibers barely in spec,3 steels saw a lot of heat and hear is th good part no judder spring and springs 2cm short of spec.The shop is closed now so I cant call them.Considering the first conversation the are gonna say its my fault.So I think I am gonna call my lawyer first.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

breakin a clutch??? I think they did a shyty job!!!!

Old 10-23-2010, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
breakin a clutch??? I think they did a shyty job!!!!
I know they did.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:54 PM

WTF it just got better my new rear tire is on backwards

Old 10-24-2010, 11:46 PM

The most they have against you is that you took it apart yourself instead of waiting. They can claim that you switched out parts, etc. The rear tire is going to be the solid proof that they don't know what they're doing. Get them to prove what the part number was of the kit they used, and hopefully they will fess up. I always break the glaze off the rings with 100grit, but have never heard of or considered breaking in a clutch. Also point out to them that they're full of it since they didn't tell you how important "breaking in the clutch" is (because it isn't). You're lawyer should be able to get things pushed through small claims court if they don't cooperate, bring them his/her business card so they don't think you're bluffing.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:17 AM

thanks for the advice.went there yesterday.Thanks to a customer who knew me things went smoothly.All parts have been ordered and will be dropped shipped to my home,got a free front tire,dynabeads , tire spoons and rim protectors, a promise of 5% over cost on future purchases for my silence.Also an offer for part time work.I just know if my body is to banged up to do the work myself I am to banged up to ride so it can wait.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:23 PM

What a shytty shop. Glad I got a guy who runs a one man shop. Just had new tires put on (I furnished) new clutch installed, wheel bearings repacked, chain adjusted and lubed and brakes adjusted and he charged me $212.00

Old 10-27-2010, 10:46 PM

Stay away from dyna-beads. They are not necessary on bikes. Semi-trucks use them because re-treads are so unbalanced. A good shop will line up the heavy side of the tire with the light side of the wheel and barely need weights.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:35 AM

the beads are sort of necessary.I m running a set of spare wheels that have been repaired a lot.They are straight but not balanced.I chromed them when I didnt have a large vat so chrome is thicker in some spots.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:08 PM

That makes more sense, since you probably don't want any weights so the chrome will look it's nicest.