CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

what is the best performance exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the best performance exhaust

Whats up. I need help finding a full exhaust system for my 01 929rr. I want the best exhaust performance wise and really don't care about the sound. I heard that the akrapovic full exhaust was the best but then I hear that the yoshimura was also a good one. I am looking for more hp and top end out of the bike. With any exhaust I get I was going to get a pcIII and a k&n air filter, what do you guys think? ANd is a full exhaust a waist of money? I heard that it was then I also heard it wasn't.

Also how do I make the bike faster? I am a street racer and I'm pretty good at going through the box and down shifting and keeping my speed up, but when I go against a gixxer 1000 or a R1 its a wrap."I hate those bikes"[:@] I come closer to beating the R1 but just can't pull it off. I understand those bikes are naturally faster and more powerful, but I just have to win. I asked my mechanic what I should do and he was talkin about redoin the whole engine and I'm not going to do that. I also had trouble beating a triumph 955. A TRIUMPH YALL!!!!

Could anyone please help so that when I get back out there in a couple of months I can cause some trouble. Thanks.

Old 01-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Default RE: what is the best performance exhaust

go full exhaust if your going with the power programmer cause you'll need the programmer to run the exhaust and the k&n and get the full potental from it, not only will u get the hp increase but with the full system you get a weight reduction also a plus, as for which system that's mostly personal preference, if your just straightout drag racing your bike and you want to beat gsxr's and R1's try changing your sprockets -1 in the front and maybe +2,or +3 in the back that will get you out of the hole in a hurry, if you can keep the front wheel down, if your more of a canyon carver work more on your suspension, sportrider has a section for setting up your suspension or take your bike to the dealer and ask them to se it up for your weight and thenyou can go from there(stiffer or softer). hope this helps

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_susp_settings/

Old 01-03-2006, 07:58 PM

if your talking about drag racing then lower the front and rear, how much depends on you. like pupdog said change the gearing, id recomend -1 +3 and do the 520 conversion while your at it. for exhaust i would go with the arata or akrapovic full ti system, get a power comander or and a custom map. instead of a power comander you could instead get a yoshi ems, its neat because you can change maps on the fly without a computer and has a buch of neat little thing you can add. if thats not enough you go with nitrous. kits run around $350-400 and its not that hard installing on fuel injected bikes. last thing i can think of are some light weight racing rims, less rotating mass = more power.

but it really all comes down to the launch.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:36 PM

k&n suck..you will get more power with a stock filter..akro is top on the 929 and 954..and yes you will need a pc3 otherwise you will run lean

Old 01-04-2006, 03:56 AM

I have the same bike and plan on the Arata and PCIII USB next week but staying with the stock air filter as I have heard too often the 929 runs better with it .Now about the Gixxer 1K I ride with a buddy who has a 2005 and fortunately it is geared tall stock and I just went to -1 front and +2 on the rear with a 520 and last night gave him all he wanted.Yes I know the speedo is off and a speedo healer is coming but I got the jump and he was not able to pass me when I shut it down at 172 indicated with about 1K left on the tach.HTH

Old 01-04-2006, 03:51 PM

I don't do drag racing, there is no skill needed in that. I'm from philly and we race the expressways. There are more straits where I race and thats where they pull away from me. I got them on the turns though. I was going to do the -1 +3 sprockets, but I heard the 520 conversion was not a good idea for my bike. I also heard alot of bad things about the k&n air filters, but it worked fine on my f3. I noticed more power when I added that and the two brothers exhaust. I can beat a lot of people on my f3 versus the other 600. But now its time for my big girl. Is there any thing else that I can do besides the full exhaust and changing the sprockets? And won't that take away from my horsepower if I change the sprockets?

Old 01-04-2006, 07:44 PM

you will just lose some top end..has nothing to do with the horsepower..you will just rev out quicker

Old 01-04-2006, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: syko9
I don't do drag racing, there is no skill needed in that. I'm from philly and we race the expressways.
Drag racing takes way more skill then racing on the freeway. with freeway racing usually whoever has the most hp to weight ratio wins.

Old 01-04-2006, 07:54 PM

Well I'm not tryin to lose any top end or hp. I want to be the youngest and the fastest in the tri state area.

Are there anymore suggestions of what I can do to my bike that will make it faster and compete with the gixxer 1k and the R1's. I love my baby and I would hate to sell it and get a 1000rr, but I am looking at the 06 1000rr when they come out.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:07 PM

if you do the sprocket upgrade u will lose a little top speed but it's not what your thinking the bike will still do well over 150mph and if your just doing canyon carving and racing round with your friends it will help alot, how often when your shooting in and ot of curves are you doing 150mph (not very much) if you are doing 150 in curves you should be racing for a living, if you do the sproket upgrade your bike will stay in it's powerband more and longer, instead of being below it or above with stock gearing, so if your wanting to keep up, -1 on the front sproket +2 in the back (you will lose between 10-15 miles per hour top speed) get your full exhaust and pcIII(you'll get more hp+ you'll lose weight cause the exhaust will weigh less than your stock system) set your suspension up for your riding style and you will be able to keep up, as long as your friends aren't better riders than you, in that case just keeping riding and practicing and learn your bike.

Quick Reply: what is the best performance exhaust