CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

trunk issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 02:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trunk issues

Okay so does anyone have the issue where their key gets bent trying to open the trunk space up on the bike? I have had 2 keys bend on me now and am wanting to customize a way to open the trunk without having to use the key. Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone custom relocated the key hole in order to do this?

I'm going to take the underside apart this weekend and give it a good cleaning. There is grime in there and I'm hoping that cleaning it will work, but doubt it will.

So anyone with any ideas, let me know please.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: trunk issues

mine bends as well. i usually have to smack the seat down while turning the key. some times it pops open when im riding too. kinda sucks. its like second nature to reach back and check the seat at various times of a ride.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Banned

When I got mine, the only way to get intot the trunk was to take the front seat off and fuddle around with your arm until you could get it all the way up there...

I have a piece of 14g steel wire that I twisted the ends on and use it as a lever. One end of it sits just below the rear plast, but just above the trunkline. You can't see it. Very functional and simple to do.

I'll get you some pics in a bit - but it is gorgeous out today so I'll try and hurry...

Old 03-12-2008, 11:31 AM

Kid - thanks. Please do. I'd greatly appreciate it as that is something that I was thinking.. tack-weld a small piece of steel wire or something to it and go from there. I can always just take the entire trunk apart, but don't feel like having to do that repeatedly to get into the trunk.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:41 PM

I put an electric trunk pop on mine and mounted the switch under the battery box. If you like i can send you some pics and a diagram of how it was done, total it cost me like 15.00 and its awsome.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to know how you did it. Pm sent

Old 03-12-2008, 09:36 PM

Ill post up pics tomarrow, it was a fairly easy install that i made way more difficult then it needed to be.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:08 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i just took the lock out. and because its on the underside of the undertail you dont see it so you wont even notice untill you put your finger in the hole (hehe) i only use it for food storage anyways so its not really that important to have the lock atleast for me

Old 03-13-2008, 01:12 AM

ORIGINAL: ithrtz

I put an electric trunk pop on mine and mounted the switch under the battery box. If you like i can send you some pics and a diagram of how it was done, total it cost me like 15.00 and its awsome.
Post with pics. I'm sure many would like to do this kind of set up....Thanx in advance...

Old 03-13-2008, 01:25 AM
Banned

Yes! I never thought of that! I'm starting to get in to small electronics and I'm thinking this would be a perfect project.

Post up your info if ya don't mind. I'd like to get started right away! It's going to be raining for the next couple of days so...

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: trunk issues