CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Serious Mechanical Problem. Need all CBR brains!!!

Old 12-27-2005, 03:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serious Mechanical Problem. Need all CBR brains!!!

Hello everyone,
I need some serious help, for mechanics can't even diagnose it. After I had my stator and regulator changed, whenever I gun it in 1st gear, my engine stalls on me. My electrical lights stay on, but I am unable to start it unless I fully turn it off and then restart it. Though I'm able to gun it in every other gear with no problem, I still can't seem to troubleshoot my problem. Has anyone had this sort of issue with their 929? Now I can't pull my wheelies in 1st, in which I'm acquainted with, instead of how many use the slip of the clutch in 2nd gear to pull wheelies.

Old 12-27-2005, 05:08 AM
Retired Mod
Default RE: Serious Mechanical Problem. Need all CBR brains!!!

first off, need a little history. why did you change the stator and regulator and what problems were present that made you change them? also, did the problem start immediately after the change or was there a period where it ran fine? are you able to rev it quickly while in neutral? does it stall at the same rpm every time or is it random? if you baby it (rev it slowly) does it function normal in first gear. also include milage and any other problems that have occured in the past (even if they seem irrelevant.)

sorry to bombard you with so many questions when you're looking for an answer. they may help me ,or somebody smarter than me, help you diagnose and solve this problem.

Old 12-31-2005, 02:38 AM
Default RE: Serious Mechanical Problem. Need all CBR brains!!!

First off, it has 31k miles. I'm able to throttle it fine in first gear just fine. I could use enough throttle in first gear to pop up the up end a foot in the air without slipping the clutch, but when I add more throttle or gun it, it dies on me. The problem with the stator and regulator before I had it fixed, it would not start, unless I gave it a jump start, but proved impossible to push start in 2nd gear with 3 ppl pushing. When I did jump start it, I would have to keep the revolutions up high or it would stall on me, then another jump start. That's when I had the repairs done with the regulator and stator, while I had it repaired, I also had my valves adjusted and had an oil change. This problem of gunning it in 1st gear only started happening after I had the repairs done. Yet I'm able to gun it in any other gear with no problems at all. And yes I am able to rev it quickly in neutral. The only problems I had before was electrical, which were the headlights not working, all that was done was some soldering of some wires. Thanks nine2nine for your help.