CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

POWER WHEELIES!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POWER WHEELIES!!!

No it is a little black box with a red wire harness. It is completely Plug N Play. You will need the exact factory speedo error to get it 100% right. Mine has a factory speedo error of 3% I mounted mine along the back wall of the trunk. Easiest way is to take the seat off. but now I can open the trunk and push the memory recall button and my speedo will hold 167 (or what ever you highest speed is)

Old 10-18-2006, 02:51 PM

sweet I'm going to need something like that, My buddy installed one but it was a called the yellow box. I was wanting to know what the brand name of yous is. "speedohealer" or something else. nice top speed by the way.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:37 PM

brand name is speedohealer, a nice investment

Old 10-19-2006, 06:03 PM

Sppedohealer is far better than the yellowbox. I got mine from calsportbike.com They run about $80-90 bucks everywhere. Great investment.

Old 10-21-2006, 08:05 PM

Thank's guy's

Old 12-09-2006, 02:22 AM

great, now it's time to start on 2nd gear slow speed clutch ups, they'll groom u for really slow first gear whoolies

Old 12-14-2006, 02:37 AM

2nd gear at 25 comes up just fine.

Old 12-15-2006, 02:21 AM

I have a few questions about this actually...

I bought a used 01 929 a few months ago... it's -1 front +4 rear.

Now doing sitdown wheelies I can clutch it in first no prob, from almost any speed or rpm, and run it out of gear. (About 65mph.)

She has enough torque that I can stagger my stand up stance and bounce it up in thru 3rd... But for the life of me... I can NOT clutch up a 2nd gear sit down and pull it to the balance point. Stand up bounce no problem... sitdown clutch.. problem. What's the deal?

Did I get a Friday bike that's just lacking the power?

Now, if there is a slight droppoff or burm in the road, I can use that to get just past the point it won't clutch over... But on flat level ground, she won't hop up high enough that I can power it the rest of the way to the balance point.

The only way that I have caried a 2nd gear sitdown, is to start in first, get nice and balanced... blip the throttle off and on a bit while slipping it into 2nd.

It works, but quite honestly, it's scared the bejezus out of me a couple times, and I'd rather just bring it up in 2nd. Shifting is the only time I ever felt like a wheelie was getting away from me...

Any ideas?

- Pixel -

Here's a few vids of first gear sit-downs from a session out in the sticks a few weeks ago. As you'll be able to see, I still need to get them a bit higher to ride them longer... but my technique is solid, and I feel very comfortable creeping up the height more and more to the balance point.

I think if I could bring it up in second, I could balance it without the revs climbing. First just isn't tall enough, and by the time the resistance of wind and what not feels right, I'm out of gear.

They're not huge, but they're not hoppers either:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=1452010125

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=1452153167

Old 12-15-2006, 03:10 AM

Your wheelies look pretty good. I like the blue and white blade, Never seen one before and I LIKE IT. ANyway, YOu need to bring them back further to carry them longer. My friend on his 929 with stock gearing clutches them up around 10mph and brings it to the balance point and he never pics up speed. The closer you get to the balance point the less throttle you are going to need to chase it. Basically you are chasing your wheelie trying to keep it up. once on the balance point you will just hold teh throttle steady and COVER the BACK BRAKE. On mine to do a sit down in second I just use the clutch and put my *** towards the back of the seat and it comes up around between 40-50. IF i am using throttle I have to kinda chop the throttle and lean back with it in mid range around 7-8 grand and it comes up off the throttle. OR if I am in the higher RPM's I can just crack it open and it comes up. (I dont do many highway wheelies but know how ) If I am ont he highway and want to do a sitdowm. I just downshift to second around 70 and slip the clutch and there it is. Stand up I will slow it down to about 65mph and clutch it up in third.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: stuntin

Your wheelies look pretty good. I like the blue and white blade, Never seen one before and I LIKE IT. ANyway, YOu need to bring them back further to carry them longer. My friend on his 929 with stock gearing clutches them up around 10mph and brings it to the balance point and he never pics up speed. The closer you get to the balance point the less throttle you are going to need to chase it. Basically you are chasing your wheelie trying to keep it up. once on the balance point you will just hold teh throttle steady and COVER the BACK BRAKE. On mine to do a sit down in second I just use the clutch and put my *** towards the back of the seat and it comes up around between 40-50. IF i am using throttle I have to kinda chop the throttle and lean back with it in mid range around 7-8 grand and it comes up off the throttle. OR if I am in the higher RPM's I can just crack it open and it comes up. (I dont do many highway wheelies but know how ) If I am ont he highway and want to do a sitdowm. I just downshift to second around 70 and slip the clutch and there it is. Stand up I will slow it down to about 65mph and clutch it up in third.

Are you on stock gearing?

Quick Reply: POWER WHEELIES!!!