CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

New Erion 929 Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 11:04 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Erion 929 Owner!

The guy drove 1.5 hours from Pittsfield, Mass. Met me at Liberty Bank in Wethersfield, CT. Deal went down. Gave me the bike, tool kit/manual, and a matching jacket, size XXL he is 6'8 Im 6'2 so it doesnt fit too well, still going to wear it though.

Bike has.. Erion Pipe, Frame sliders, undertail, and tinted screen (non double bubble changing that soon).
Any other tips/suggestions?
I want to do that graphic mod over the headlight, where it follows the color scheme of the bike... anyone know where to get that?

I have put only about 120 miles on it today... As of right now, the bike has just under 19,000 miles. Any thoughts on that? As far as he knew, valve check hasnt been done. Im not too worried about it.

It runs really good, Im happy with it so far. Just needs a good cleaning, a few personal touches, and I have to clean/adjust the chain.
I got used to the clutch, after about the third stop light... went to Mcdonalds, left, got a lil throttle happy rear tire slide out! Thats so sick!

I really like the low revs on the highway, storage space, etc I like it so far in general and its only been one day! Im trying to think of something I dont like, and I honestly cant.
Working on it first thing tomorrow morning.
Expect to see me on here with questions about it. Thanks guys ride safe.

First pic, ma girl took/edited it like this. And my theme song lately haha
I gotta say, today was a good day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CPlF-IEkXQ

Old 05-14-2010, 11:22 AM

Its a real shame someone could treat a bike of this caliber so poorly.....

He didnt ride it poorly, its just not maintained, the chain is so nasty with gunk, rear tire was at like 35 psi..... suspension settings were all right surprisingly.... thats about it... I wanna change the tires and chain/sprockets but Im broke

About to take off the fairings, clean, re assemble

Old 05-14-2010, 10:45 PM

That is excellent news, i know you will get the Erion to where you like it, all just part of what i like to call "making it yours" The web addy for the sticker is www.fastdecals.com I just got the tail fairing stickers from them When you get to their main page, just put "929" in the search box, and it will be the 2nd result; can't miss it! I do have one piece of advise....When you get the double bubble windscreen, give me a good deal on the old one! I just can't pay $35.00 for a new one LOL. Seriously, if you want to get rid of it shoot me a PM. Congratulations Bro, i know how excited you must be....post more pics once you get it cleaned up to your liking!

Old 05-15-2010, 04:29 AM

awesome looking bike I love the erion edition 929. If you want another jacket I'd check out newenought.com or eBay.com sometimes you can find killer deals at both places for brand new equpiment. The DB gives the bike a better look. I paid $70 for mine new from bikebandit.com. So $35 doesnt sound bad at all ^^^^

Old 05-15-2010, 10:59 AM

I personally dont like those divider headlight covers, i had a set of the eyes from http://www.extreme-decals.com/ on my 954 before i painted it and it was a true headturner. i think it would look damn good on the 929 from experience. buddy of mine had them on his 929 erion edition which made me buy em for my bike

Old 05-15-2010, 05:01 PM

Is this the light decal you were asking about?

Name:  RedFender.jpg
Views: 1512
Size:  261.0 KB

Not sure where I got my headlight cover, but it looks like this place still sells it.
http://www.planetsuperbike.com/Honda...ht_Covers.html

Old 05-15-2010, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Crow929

Not sure where I got my headlight cover, but it looks like this place still sells it.
awwww only bike i want!!!

Old 05-16-2010, 05:04 PM

Holy chit dude thats exactly it!!!! I have been searching everywhere for it!!
And,,, that rear seat cover,, where did you get that? (I know ebay, but maybe you have another suggestion) Thanks man

Old 05-16-2010, 05:14 PM

Dude you are seriously the man right now.... Im totally getting that!
Fifty bucks for it though! Damn... Im going to get the one with the eyes on it... thats so cool/corny at the same time but I think its going to look sick and get alot of reactions....
I have BIG plans for this bike, I have all ready changed a few things on it..... but, Im basically broke right now, before summer is over, it will be done though. Next pic I put on here will be the finished bike. Thanks again man!

Old 05-16-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
I personally dont like those divider headlight covers, i had a set of the eyes from http://www.extreme-decals.com/ on my 954 before i painted it and it was a true headturner. i think it would look damn good on the 929 from experience. buddy of mine had them on his 929 erion edition which made me buy em for my bike
Wow, you gave me the same site as the guy right after you did.... But I didnt even realize. My bad. Thanks man... yea Im going to get the erion cover (obv) with the eyes too thats going to look sickk

Quick Reply: New Erion 929 Owner!