CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

need a headlight/has anyone used acerbis stunt light n ran mirors?!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy need a headlight/has anyone used acerbis stunt light n ran mirors?!!

ok so i bought my bike all hacked up and it has some aftermarket main/upper fairing pieces.. the upper doesnt have the headlight cutout bc its some "race" piece, so the previous jackhole owner decided to cut out a 3" round hole and use a car foglight as the headlight. EPIC FAIL!!! so i filled in the hole with fiberglass, now im left with the decision of having to buy a new factory headlamp and hoping the light harness is all there since he somehow rigged up the foglight so i think theres a clip thing missing.....or skipping the whole fairings idea and making it more of a stunter bike with the acerbis stunt headlight. But how does the acerbis light hook up? do i need all the factory light wiring harness pieces or does it simply wire in? also i need to have some kind of mirrors bc ill be riding on the street and cant ride without them!!! is there a way to still run mirrors or has anyone done the combo?!!!

comments, ideas, advice all appreciated!!!thanks!

Old 02-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom headlight

hey so i had this same problem i have a 2001 cbr 929RR with fiberglass racing fairings and i got pulled over for no headlight. i went on ebay and they sell these lights off of choppers called wave light or something the lense looks like a shape of a peanut in a way ad it comes with a low and high beam. i mounted it under my front fairing between the fairing and front fender and it looks pretty good. you can mount it streight to your fairing between the gap but i built a bracket comming down from were your gauges are. hope this helps cuz its the only light i found that fits and i couldnt find ideas anywhere.