CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

MY 929

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MY 929

Not sure what that 1st recall is on that link, but the second one is the clutch basket. If you wait till the clutch basket ear breaks off all the way it causes major motor damage that Honda will not cover. The recall is no charge for the new basket and 2 clutch plates, but if you purchase a clutch kit while they are in there they should put them in at no extra charge, because all the plates need to come out anyway. Thats what I did, but unfortunatly I bought the bike used and painted it, and did not know about the recall, so the basket blew apart at high rpm and caused major damage.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:07 PM

ORIGINAL: dscort

i only have one punch mark on the rear of the bolt. how do you know which recal is which?
Yeah that's the punch mark I have too. Since I've pulled my tank and noticed I've got plenty of fuel hose under there, I'm assuming the mark means we have the fuel line recall. I'm gonna check my manufacture date and see if the clutch bulletin applies to me, cuz the Honda dealer checked his data base and claims there are no outstanding bulletins on my bike.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:25 PM

Nice lookin ride!!

Old 02-02-2007, 11:35 PM

There's a recall website - http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...ls/results.cfm- once you fill in the vehicle info, you get to a page where it says "Document Search" - if you click on that, lots more detailed info in the four documents that pop up.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:46 PM

PS - first you gotta click on "Search" under "recalls" off to the left, THEN you get the page where you insert the bike info. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:42 AM

Thanks Ripper

Old 02-08-2007, 07:50 AM

Hi there. Had my original 929rr stolen from my underground parking lot last summer. After all the insurance stuff was settled I was lucky to find a fellow selling the exact same bike year model (exact) with 30 k less km than my previous bikefor a good price. I bought the horse and it ran fine. Now to my questions(s), At 8,000 km the oil light came on and the bike ran worse than a donkey in molasses. no power etc. I took it to my local shop( great bunch of guys) but unfortunately the owner was away, (he is the brains behind the magic) The other mechanic couldn't figure it out and put me on hold for days etc. When the owner returned a few days later he deduced that it was the exhaust valve which had gone belly up.( stock system) With such few k's on the bike how could that be possible. Also I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them. Could any engine damage result from running the bike for a day or two with the exhaust valve broken as aforementioned? Just looking for some insight here. Incidentally i am new to this site and am looking forward to some good banter. Cheers.[:-]

Old 05-14-2007, 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: sixs929

I'm gonna check my manufacture date and see if the clutch bulletin applies to me, cuz the Honda dealer checked his data base and claims there are no outstanding bulletins on my bike.
Hey bro, my dealer says the same thing...no outstanding bullitens, but I'd still like to check for myself. I don't have any punchmarks and bought mine used with only 2K miles on it. I got about 9K currently.

Did you ever check yours?
Where would I find the mfg date?
Thanx.

MP76