CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

moto gp pipe

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: moto gp pipe

will post some pictures...it was like this when I bought it....a crappy weld job was done...there is a load of splatter that needs to be ground off...the good part is the can just bolts on with the normal 3 bolts.....I dont know what can was cut down but its not stock as its oval in shape and its a tight fit....trying to find a yana shiki or Erion can with damage to put on as they are smaller diameter.

ORIGINAL: Jadyone2

GP_RZ Mind sharing with the rest of us how you got it to fit that way? It looks awesome! Ive wanted to do that to mine but sint even know where to start

Old 12-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea def post some more pics of that when you get a chance. you got my interest peaked now

Old 12-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: GP_RZ

if your going to have them pipes you might as well have a regular can on their!
That makes absolutely no sense at all. Pipes are about performance first, looks second.

If it weren't considered bad manners I'd tell you what I really think of that statement.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:55 AM

ORIGINAL: TheX

That makes absolutely no sense at all. Pipes are about performance first, looks second.

If it weren't considered bad manners I'd tell you what I really think of that statement.

Yeah I here you, they are just but ugly. so what do you think the gains would be against a full race system with can and one with GP pipe? forgive me as this is my first 4 stroke, I still ride my rz500 and rz350. is the GP pipe just not a gutted out pipe? pretty much the same as the cut and gutted can that was on my bike when I bought it?

Old 12-11-2008, 10:50 AM

that pipe is a lazer extreme moto gp pipe about 600 bucks about the only chance you will find one is ebay so just look there and keep looking

Old 12-11-2008, 11:58 AM

here is a cheap way for mot gp pipe....if you want that.

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/gen...pes-929-a.html

Old 12-11-2008, 10:11 PM

thanks Mikey.went on web site and found the laser x-treme. could u tell me what model u have-I mean for which bike was the exhaust for. I know that slip on isn't made for a honda, just yamaha and suzuki. Also does it matter if I get the 600cc model? I see it's like half the price. Thanks

Old 12-12-2008, 06:15 AM

ORIGINAL: TheX

read the info on the extreme cans, looks to me that these are looks first and performance second
Or sould I say designer looks, so pretty much the same as the chopped can that came with mine for looks and sound!

Old 12-12-2008, 07:48 AM

liked the look of the x-treme can. they are expensive, didn't think they were poorly made. U sure about that?

Old 12-12-2008, 08:13 AM

I am not saying they are poorly made, just dont think there is much performance gains from them, other then looking good

Quick Reply: moto gp pipe