CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Looking At This 929RR

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Looking At This 929RR

First post here and looking for your expertise.

I am looking at a 2000 929RR with 9500 original miles. Only mods are a Yoshi pipe, frame sliders, flush mount signals, and fender eliminator.

KBB shows $3300.00 which seems low. They don't allow for mileage so I assume KKB assumes the miles are much higher. Seller listing bike at $4500 but willing to negotiate. Aside from a couple nicks/scratches, it is in amazing condition.

Never purchased a bike this old, is there anything I should be looking for or asking aside from the obvious?

Thanks for your feedback.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:03 PM

Found some older post's with people asking the same question regarding things to look for. Oil level, break fluid, smooth shifting, etc. seemed to be the big things.

Still interested in this price...could probably talk him down to $4000.00. Found an older post of what people paid for their 929 and the mileage. $4000.00 is on the top end it seems but not crazy expensive.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

that looks like a fine specimen for that model, getting harder to find those years still factory clean. you've got time of year in your favor -- it's not quite bike-selling season (although it will be tax return season soon), so demand should be low right now.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:10 PM

Id say go for it. I picked up my 01 last June for $5000 and 7000miles and it now has just over 11k on it and enjoyed every second of it. I picked up mine with the same fender eliminator, a slip on M4 and like the one you have in the picture looks like it has been sitting in a collection somewhere. First to second is always a bit clunky and the rest of them are smooth as silk. There was a recall on the clutch basket just call up the local dealership with the VIN and they can tell you if your bike was part of the recall. If it been sitting for any long amount of time on the ground i would check the tires for dry rot and flat-spots and if she runs great pull the trigger there built proof! I would just change the fluids when you bring her home and welcome her to you stable.
By the way, does the bike have an integrated tail light as from the picture you don't have any rear turn signals?
Cheers

Old 01-02-2012, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Granttr
Id say go for it. I picked up my 01 last June for $5000 and 7000miles and it now has just over 11k on it and enjoyed every second of it. I picked up mine with the same fender eliminator, a slip on M4 and like the one you have in the picture looks like it has been sitting in a collection somewhere. First to second is always a bit clunky and the rest of them are smooth as silk. There was a recall on the clutch basket just call up the local dealership with the VIN and they can tell you if your bike was part of the recall. If it been sitting for any long amount of time on the ground i would check the tires for dry rot and flat-spots and if she runs great pull the trigger there built proof! I would just change the fluids when you bring her home and welcome her to you stable.
By the way, does the bike have an integrated tail light as from the picture you don't have any rear turn signals?
Cheers
Owner just put on new tires so i'm golden on the tires front and yes, integrated tail light.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I appreciate it.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:54 PM

Awesome that's on my lists of things to get. Just realized your from the PNW also.....maybe ill see you around as there are not to many 929s around here.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Granttr
Awesome that's on my lists of things to get. Just realized your from the PNW also.....maybe ill see you around as there are not to many 929s around here.
Love these boards so far and plan on being a regular. I'm from Puyallup, Washington east of Tacoma 15 minutes. You??

Old 01-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

i think $4000 is a fair price!

Old 01-03-2012, 01:32 AM

Up north a little in La Conner. Originally from Olympia and I'm down that way often.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:44 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That's a beauty...clean! New tires too...& low mileage. $4000 is very good if bike never been down.

Quick Reply: Looking At This 929RR