CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

i had this idea for a few years!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i had this idea for a few years!!!!!

no problem

Old 06-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mentioned before about the company that sells the e-RAM which is the idea my design is losely based after just not as powerful and according to there website it doesn't need to be for my application and a lot cheaper there system for 2 bloweres is around $600 and I made mine for about $100

http://www.electricsupercharger.com/index.html

Old 07-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

well I got my powercommander and installed it, doesn't have the map I need in it yet but it seems to be running stronger than before.

but what I did get was about an extra 25-30 mpt above what I usually get before my fuel light cut on!

I usually got 120 and now it got 155?

I'm not sure if its mostly the powercommander or if my air intake even when not operational may have had more to do with it?

anyone with a powercommander actually get that type of increase as well as more hp & tq?

Old 07-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

well my gas milage only gets better today after commuting back and forth to work, I got 168 miles before the light came on!

I'm not sure but I think this is a good thing!?

I can't wait to get it dynoed to see what numbers its putting down.

anyone care to guess?

adverage is 122 right and anything above that is a plus!

Old 07-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The power commander doesn't do anything until you load a map. So maybe you already have a previous map loaded?

Old 07-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

it does have a previously loaded map, it has a hass motorsport map for the HTEV eliminator and 3 degrees ignition advance.

I'm just amazed that I went from 122 to 168 before the light comes on?

Old 07-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

BUMP

not really, I plan on dynoing it soon just to see what's really going on.

I'm only going to do the three pulls for like $75 bucks

1st pull be without the fans connected

2nd will be with the fans connected but not on

3rd will be with the fans on

I havnt done the pair mod and since I'm not tunning just getting hp and tq numbers I don't think it will be necessary?

anyone have any other idea on dyno runs?

the bike also has a powercommander, but I don't want to disconnect it then reconnect it and so forth.

unless anyone wants to make a donation to the dyno fund www.BIGGNIBB@aol.com through paypal and ill test in any configurantion you want.

filter/ no filter
commander/ no commander
fans/ no fans
fans off/ fans on
stock stacks/ short stacks

but I know no ones going to pay for that, the other thing is that since I'm not planning on trying to sell the set up unless someone is interested in having one then I would be happy to make up a complete system along with instalation instructions. the only things I would do differently for someone elses would be to install the switch on the left hand side vs the right so you could turn it on without releasing the throttle or have a throttle activation switch that would cut on when the throttle is twisted wide open!

Old 02-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

Well im no liar so i got it on the dyno and the number were not very impressive but i had to dyno two bike to get something to compair it to. The first bike was my 2001 yamaha yzf600r with
k&n filter
factory pro ignition advancer
dyno jet jet kit
scorpion exhaust slip-on
-1 fron +2 rear
flo commander.

and it pulled a whopping 80rwhp on the dyno

not very impressed with those numbers but i know they say that dyno's very and numbers are subjective. i know that this bike make a 100hp at the crank or at least thats what they say. i have heard of a few people getting 85-90 and even i guy claim 95hp but no telling what dyno type was used or if the operator did a lil fluffing.

ok now on to the 929 well i atleast had a base and the guy that runs the dyno said that he's done 2 hayabusa's on it and1 pulled a 140rwhp and the other a 148rwhp so i was like ok maybe the number just show low because i know that the mags always claim higher numbers than what he was quoting me.

2001 honda cbr 929
factory pro velocity stacks
bmc filter
power commanderiii
two brothers ti slip-on
electric ram air

anyways the 9 goes on the machine and the first pull was a 111rwhp, the second was a 113rwhp, the third was a 116.3 with the fan attached and the forth was a 116.1 with fans attached and on.

now i know it says i lost .02 hp with them on but that was at max rpm, i actually gained as much a 2-3 hp in different part of the rpm between 85-95 mph on the dyno and 3 at max rpm.

the other thing is that i couldnt get a tq reading because the guy on does metric bikes and didnt have the equipment to do it on jap bikes.

i dont know how true this is but he says that the SuperFlow dyno is the mostup to date version and that the numbers it puts down are true rwhp numbers not like dynojet because there equipment is still running on the old standard for measuring hp.

now to what i kinda know, the yzf600r makes 100hp at the crank and 79.6 on the dyno.

the cbr929 makes 150 at the crank and 116.3 on the dyno both the bike arein great mechanical shape less than 6k on both and well maintained no excessive abuse.

oh and the price was $55.00 a bike for 3 pulls, not bad.
I know that the 900 makes about 36.5 more hp than my 600.

so tell what you guys think!

Old 02-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

well after getting my two bike dynoed and getting what i thought to be less than accurate or at least less than stellar number i stated doing some research and it turns out that the numbers were not corrected so if you use the correction factor of X1.17 to the nubers put out then my
cbr 929 made 116.3 X 1.17 = 136.071

and my

yzf600r made 80 X 1.17 = 93.6

so with this information im now more pleased.

which makes since if you apply the same correction facto to the busa numbers as well.....

Old 04-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

well I finally got the 9v power adapter for my power commander and finally have a 929 map in my 954 power commander!

well after burning out my first tank of fuel I can tell the great milage I was getting with 954 map has since vanished.

from 168 to 130 ( I was hitting it pretty hard quite a bit too) but the bike feel faster, I'm guessing that the 954 map was leaning out the 929 quite a bit but I can't be for sure.

I plan on putting it back on the dyno as soon as I get a chance seeing how the map is the only thing that I have changed since the first time.

not sure if anyone cares but ill keep it posted.

I do think the ram air device probally would work greater if there was no filter or an even more free flowing one but I don't have the big R&D budgets as most real product developers do.

Quick Reply: i had this idea for a few years!!!!!