CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

i had this idea for a few years!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i had this idea for a few years!!!!!

I had this idea for a few years.

I don't know if anyone here has heard of E-ram? well they call it an electric supercharger, but I think of it more as a electric ram air!

so anyways I bought this knock off version a few years ago and when I was into the fast and furious phase of my life, I had it hooked up on my 1997 honda accord v6 with a 75 shot of nitrous and a few other go fast things, full exhaut, nology wires, cold air intake, and made 200 hp at the rear wheels, both with and without the fan.

so I guess this little fan wasn't flowing enough air for the 2.7 liter motor but it did blow a lot of air, around 900 to 1000 cfm.

I know that it blows more air than the inlets of of the 929 sucks in at 11k rpm

Name:  switch.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  44.6 KB

Name:  electricfan1.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  50.0 KB

now I wish I had 2 of them but I didn't and I can't find the guy I bought this one from in back in 2000.

so I was stuck with one. I though about blocking off the other intake port hole but though it might not be able to flo enough air with the fan off at high rpm's

I know its not an obstruction because the blades don't tun by themselves until 10k rpm and then its a slow turn, plus the fan itself is larger than the snorkle.

I also know that the fan does provide more air than the motor require at max rpm at any rpm and by leaving the other snorkle open it acts as a bypass if for any reason it was to make any boost above 1psi which I'm pretty sure it won't.

it blow enough air that it'll make your cheaks look they do if your riding 70mph with no helmet on and you open your mouth
' myrtle beach' bike week.

so really what I did was build a half *** system that will do more than nothing but not as much as it could with proper research and development.

now is the time when everyone gets to shoot down my modification!!![8/|]

Old 06-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i had this idea for a few years!!!!!

nib what in the hell are you thinking!!! HAHAHA I kid I kid, It almost sound like on of those tornado things for a car. I honestly don't know how this is going to affect the bike but please keep us updated.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:11 PM

im skeptical,porve me wrong dude

Old 06-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

well just in case anyone doesn't know, the tornado devise doesn't flow more air into the intake on its own, it spins the air that the motor pumps into itself.

my lil idea spins as well as flows more air into the air box 'Electric Ram-Air'

one day a dyno run will happen to let me know one way or the other but as for now its just one more of my crazy ideas!

I have riden it since the install, and I can't say its so much faster now because the bike seems fast whenever I get on it, but the throttle did seem a lil snappyer.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

me being the person I am, I wasn't happy with the idea of just one fan system on one side of the intake so I did some looking around to find 2 new ones seeing the one I had was made by a guy who's name and e-mail address I can't remember so I found some marine ventilation fans that would serve my purpose.

and now this what I have!

Name:  ramair2ndtry.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  30.1 KB

Name:  ramair2ndtry1.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  41.5 KB

Name:  ramair2ndtry2.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  38.5 KB

Name:  ramair2ndtry3.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  46.2 KB

same as before, it doesn't obstruct the air way and still flows more air than the motor sucks on its own at max rpm

and it sounds cool as hell

Old 06-25-2007, 01:54 PM

so does it work or just sound cool?

Old 06-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: bignibb

on my 1997 honda accord v6 with a 75 shot of nitrous and a few other go fast things, full exhaut, nology wires, cold air intake, and made 200 hp at the rear wheels, both with and without the fan.
id enjoy seeing that

Old 06-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

well the accord was like I said a v6 and it made 170 hp from factory and it was a 65 shot not a 75 as before mentioned. the car had no catalatic conveter and had a full air mass exhaust and a custom cold air intake pastic not metal,metal transfers heat to abruptly!

it wasn't that impressive though.

I sold it and bought a svt contour that started with 200hp and the car was lighter so I'm guessing it was making 230 ish after the nitrous and other things.

as for the bike, I can't say for sure, which I believe it better than me saying it does and not having any proof. I do know from riding the bike afterwards that it doesn't behave in an abnormal way, just as it did before with a little better throttle respone.

I know that the modification did give the tubes an extra 6-8 inches of air tube length

now as we all know, that any modifications made to these bike will only make a minimal improvement due to the stock ecu only being able to correct for so much without remapping for the new modifications!

with that being said my powercommander should be on its way this week.

the other thing is that right now I don't have the funds to get a custom map done up for it but will in the future, so with the following mods

factory pro short stacks
BMC filter
flapper removerd
Two Bros titanium exhaust
Electric Ram-air intake system

which map from the powercommander site does anyone with one think I should run or woudnt mid sending me a copy of one of their custom maps with most of those mods

and what is the differences between a 49 state model and a full power european model? and can I run one of those maps on my 49 state model?

Old 06-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

well my above comment was mostly aimed at the fact you said you were making 200 hp at the rear wheels and it being a front wheel drive car.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

I just got that, I guess in my haste to post up, I put 'rear wheel' and kept running and not having it hit me until you said something about it twice.

I'm an idiot!

Quick Reply: i had this idea for a few years!!!!!