CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

How many people had a 929 or close to as a first?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: How many people had a 929 or close to as a first?

not a good starter bike, hell a 600 isnt a good first bike wtf would anyone think a 900+ would be?

Old 06-23-2008, 11:42 AM

ORIGINAL: mark5009

This is the problem with the 929: it is an easy bike to ride. It is
comfortable, capable and very forgiving of little mistakes. It has
loads of power that just flows on proportionally to your right
hand, no nasty surprises anywhere.

This makes it great as a 'learner' bike. The problems start to come
when you get more "confident", as you will. All newbies do. You
ride for a while and you start to get the hang of things and then
you push a little harder. And harder. And then you fall over. We
all do that to varying degrees. Mine was on 250/350 two strokes.
If you do this on a 929 chances are you will going quite a lot
faster and the consequences are going to be higher.

Maybe you'll never fall. Maybe you won't push the limits of either
you or your bike. Maybe you'd be happier on a cruiser. There is
a lot to be said for a Ninja 500 or Bandit 650 or a CB600F4 as a first
bike. Not attractive, not cool, but great to learn the ropes. Just
as forgiving as the 929 with less than half the power.

Just my $0.02 (or $0.0198 at current exchange rates ;-))
and my F4 isnt unattractive lol.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never rode a dirt bike or any other motorized two wheeled vehicles,..and my 929RR is my first experience. I rode a 600 and it felt like a moped. Take into consideration that I have over a decade of autocross and over a year in shifter carts. You have to judge your capabilities. Its like this. A bud of mine is against sport bikes. He said that they should make people ride a 250 for a year and then move up evry six months. Well as a racer of many years. I would be very pissed if I had to ride a 250 for a year,..when I ride in excess of 100 MPH competitively and am a 32 year old man. In my eyes as it has been said already. Know your abilities. Ride with in them. You don't,...You die! Real EZ. I think that if a person is gonna drive unaware,...they will have a better chance faulting on a small bike,..because they will try to drive the bike beyond its limit. Like punk kids in Saturns with exhaust tips that try to road race and kill innocent people. Put that same kid in a blown hotrod,...he'll **** his pants before he can try to hot rod. Feel me?

Old 06-23-2008, 03:24 PM

ORIGINAL: ballageddon

I never rode a dirt bike or any other motorized two wheeled vehicles,..and my 929RR is my first experience. I rode a 600 and it felt like a moped. Take into consideration that I have over a decade of autocross and over a year in shifter carts. You have to judge your capabilities. Its like this. A bud of mine is against sport bikes. He said that they should make people ride a 250 for a year and then move up evry six months. Well as a racer of many years. I would be very pissed if I had to ride a 250 for a year,..when I ride in excess of 100 MPH competitively and am a 32 year old man. In my eyes as it has been said already. Know your abilities. Ride with in them. You don't,...You die! Real EZ. I think that if a person is gonna drive unaware,...they will have a better chance faulting on a small bike,..because they will try to drive the bike beyond its limit. Like punk kids in Saturns with exhaust tips that try to road race and kill innocent people. Put that same kid in a blown hotrod,...he'll **** his pants before he can try to hot rod. Feel me?
well with cars its a completely different world. I see n understand your view. You are one of the 1% of our 1% lol. Messing with the big ol hot rods in the bike world can get ya killed in a blink of an eye, in a car you can goose i, stand the nose up, fish tail it etc, shyt your pants would be the extent of your injuries. Car may get a few dents n bangs but nothing like a bike would. See my point?

Old 06-23-2008, 04:16 PM

these are all good post's both people saying it can be a good bike to start and the people saying no. I respect every single one of the opinons. I hoped on this forum and went through 20+ pages on the 929's just go get an idea.

Im still getting the bike, not saying I will keep it, but we will see

again i apprecaite everything and take every single work into concideration with the most respect.

Thanks!

you will all see me around posting on here. Hope to get to know you all

Old 06-23-2008, 08:14 PM

It all depends on the person, but overall it's better to start out slow then to start fast and end up in the hospital. I have a good story from a few months ago. My girls little brother was determined to buy a GSXR1000 because he wanted something fast. He's never ridden a motorcycle before and doesn't even drive a stickshift. We rode up, me on my 929 and my girl on my old kawasaki 750 to teach him how to ride. I got him on the 750 in a parking lot until he was comfortable stopping fast and looked stable in slow corners, uturns, etc. He really learned fast. I took him out on the road and we did a quick 10 mile loop. He was literally shaking after he stalled at an intersection and said he didn't even want to try the 929. So instead of being stubborn and buying a 1000, he's going to come down a few times to ride and get a 600 to start.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:09 PM

she will only go as fast as u turn your wrist take it slow it will come to you dont show boat if the guys u ride with take off on u they have no respect baby it go on early morning runs on a sunday go around the block take a safety course if they offer it here in pa u pretty much have to take it to get your license keep both wheels on the ground i went from a 6 to a 954 and it took awhile to get used to such a lite bike with so much power always respect her and remember its the other people who dont see u u need to watch out for be aware and stay safe

Old 06-25-2008, 01:47 PM

I'm actually looking to get a 929 soon. I started with dirt bikes back in HS then got my first street bike last year, 900RR. It's been my project bike, rebuilt it from a stunter. Now that it's almost completely finished I've got the mind to pick up a nice 929. Have been wanting to do a front fairing/headlight swap of 929 on my 900 since I got it, or at least a later 900, mines a '94 and I don't like the dual round headlights. Figure why do all that, just sell it & use the $ for the 929. Haven't riden one yet though, any major differences? Theres a local guy that has an '01 for $5000, probably could get it for a bit less than that. You'll know if I start posting in the 929 forum a lot

Old 06-25-2008, 06:41 PM

Well got my bike Monday night late...too late to ride it but I rode it Tuesday afternoon and a little this afternoon as well.

I have to say, Ive found it much easier to ride than my buddies 97' F3 he got.

Its a smooth ride and very easy to keep Tame. I love it its gonna be a easy rider for a long time.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There she was..........The 929rr beauty. The only reason I got her was due to the price, other wise I would have gotten somethings smaller.

Quick Reply: How many people had a 929 or close to as a first?