CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 929RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-929rr-20/)
-   -   Help!!! Power commander acting stupid!????? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-929rr-20/help-power-commander-acting-stupid-133997/)

1 SiCk G 01-30-2012 08:28 PM

Help!!! Power commander acting stupid!?????

so ive had my bike for a long time and noticed my power commander was disconnected from the time of purchase from the dealer... So i started doing homework and realized whats happening..

product: Power commander iii usb.
Mapped to 2001 cbr 929 rr

symptoms:

when i plug the power commander plug into the **correct** plug the bike dosnt start at all , the engine cranks over but dosnt actually start up... Before when it was connected i realized that none of the led's were going on what so ever from day 1...

When i disconnect the power commander it starts right up no problem...

solutions:

none !!!! Im so mind fu***d by this i dont know where to start or where to end?!?!?!?!?!?!

Suggestions welcomed and appriciated...

02F4I1987 01-30-2012 08:37 PM

you need to connect it to a laptop via usb or serial depending on ur model of pc. download the software from dynojet and look for a fuel map to match ur exhaust/airfilter (dynojet does a great job of explaining this whole process).

1 SiCk G 01-30-2012 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by 02F4I1987 (Post 1128042)
you need to connect it to a laptop via usb or serial depending on ur model of pc. download the software from dynojet and look for a fuel map to match ur exhaust/airfilter (dynojet does a great job of explaining this whole process).

i have done that ... and found the exact map i need... problem is the power commander isnt turning on when its connected on the bike... thus causing it not to be able to sync with the laptop.

suggestions?

stealthCBR929 01-31-2012 12:08 AM

hey 1 sick did you check your power and grounds to the battery? if your hooked up to the battery you could have a faulty power comander mine made my bike act up stall ect .. i disconnected it and my bike runs awesome ! im over it the bike is already fast . im only running a shorty on mine and removed the cat from the exhaust .

1 SiCk G 02-01-2012 11:30 AM

The only 2 thing I can plug is the main harness and there is a thin wire it's. Black it looks like the ground to the power commander.. Maybe I'm connecting it to the wrong side of the battery I figured since its black it hold e grous for the battery... Other than the harness clip does the power commander u have connect to ground or positive???? Cause if it's supposed to be positive terminal there is my problem

stealthCBR929 02-01-2012 11:46 PM

nope its ground . if its giving you problems chances are its a faulty pc

kallelsf2 02-03-2012 10:08 PM

power commander itself is shot mine did the same thing i talked to the people at dynojet they said as long as the lights came on rhe p.c was good but it wasnt so i am running mine without it

medicbaldwin 02-06-2012 11:43 AM

Again, double check the thing black short wire is connected to the negative side of your battery, then make sure it's plugged into the EFI harness.
When you connected it to your computer with the ignition key on does it say "not communicating"? when you open the power commander software, if it's showing your serial numbers you can try resetting the power commander from the tools tab on the top of the screen.
If still no lights or power, you can send it to dynojet and they'll check it for you.
I did had the same issue with mine, sent it to dynojet and for $30 they reset it for me.
I jacked mine up by messing with the power source while it was in the middle of a firmware update. I lost all the lights, sent it to dynojet, and within a week had it back and working as it should.

1 SiCk G 02-06-2012 01:23 PM

Is a power commander even worth having if flashed with the correct software!??? Does it actually give a noticeable difference??

medicbaldwin 02-07-2012 12:28 PM

Depends on what you mean by "worth it"? If you're looking for the ability to have your bike run smoother and have a correct map for the mods on your bike, YES.
If you wanna just hit the go button and take off, then NO.

I've noticed a difference in "crispness" of my bike and it's not a "jerky" to ride since I put the PC3usb on. Then again, i've done a few things to my bike and since I drag race it's nice to have so I can switch maps and have custom mapping done on a dyno.

Up to you, dynojet will test it and reset it for you for a small fee. If you don't want it, spend the few bucks they require for testing and resetting then put it on craigslist and make a few bucks.
Another option, you can pull it and send it to me. I'll figure it out sell it myself. I can always use more go fast parts for my bike..