CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

!!!!!!! help me please!!!!! charging issues!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009 | 10:35 PM
|
Default !!!!!!! help me please!!!!! charging issues!!!!

i need help please. last month i went for a ride and everything worked out. Then a little bit ago i took a long ride. When i got to the end of the ride, and ready to turn around i stoped to get something to drink. Bike didnt want to turn on. Poped the clutch and it started right up. Made it home. So took it out the next day and bike died on the road.

I just changed the reg / rect and just went around a couple of streets came back and shut it off. tried to start it back up but nothing.

Old 10-01-2009 | 10:06 AM

I am having the same problem! The lights seem to work so the battery is not completely dead. I put a charge on the battery and it started right up. I drove it down the ally and back to the garage and then it died on its own! Could not start again. When it won't start it does not engage the starter at all!

Originally Posted by phokoff
i need help please. last month i went for a ride and everything worked out. Then a little bit ago i took a long ride. When i got to the end of the ride, and ready to turn around i stoped to get something to drink. Bike didnt want to turn on. Poped the clutch and it started right up. Made it home. So took it out the next day and bike died on the road.

I just changed the reg / rect and just went around a couple of streets came back and shut it off. tried to start it back up but nothing.

Old 10-01-2009 | 02:03 PM
|

dude i changed the r/r and still nothing. Im getting sick of hondas

Old 10-02-2009 | 01:52 PM
|

i did a load test on the battery and they said it was fine. i dont know what to do

Old 10-02-2009 | 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by phokoff
Im getting sick of hondas

Nearly all Japanese bikes have the exact same electrical \ charging system, with slight modifications (like heatsinks). That's why everyone can swap their R\R with something from nearly any other bike and not have any issues.

You either have a bad battery, failing stator, or a bad connection somewhere. Please describe the load test you ran. Also, start the bike, and measure the battery output voltage at 2500 and 5000rpm, and post them here. We'll get you an answer right quick.

Old 10-03-2009 | 07:30 AM
|

well i took the battery in to cycle gear and they said the battery is pulling 13.v. The r/r is brand new like a day old, but when bike started and at 5000rpm the volt meter...witch also is brand new....reads 12.4 and 12.5.

Old 10-03-2009 | 03:40 PM
|

ok sitting its at 12.4 then when running its at 12.7

Old 10-03-2009 | 07:16 PM

It sounds like a bad stator, I know the r/r is new but I would swap both at the same time. One can make the other go bad and you will be chasing your tail trying to get it right. There is a way to test the stator, I cant remember exactly how, but you can google and find it. I had the sam issues with mine a few weeks ago, changed them both and no more issues.

Old 10-03-2009 | 09:25 PM

I'm not sure if you guys are beyond this already but here's a link from this forum about charging issues and how to diagnose them.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/general-tech-stickies-106/how-diagnose-charging-system-51691/

Good luck!

Old 10-05-2009 | 10:40 PM

Sounds like a stator issue to me if you replaced your R/R already... Be cautious riding it with a bad stator and new R/R, it will cause u to get another R/R if you ride it like that too long.

Quick Reply: !!!!!!! help me please!!!!! charging issues!!!!