CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

honda 929 ignition system fail

Old 04-03-2018, 02:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda 929 ignition system fail

Hello,
I am a new member here, and i must start out with saying that there are a lot of really smart, caring members here, i have used this site for quite som time now in regards to finding solutions to my problems.
This time however, im stumped,..

I got a 2001 929rr european model. (HISS)
So, i bought this bike from a person who had made it into somekind of streetfighter.
He had chopped the wire harness and everything was just a big mess.
this winter we took the bike completely appart, so that we could make everything better.
we are only using the wire harness that actually goes to the engine, i have got a motogadget m-unit for all of the buttons and lights.

the wire harness have been checked according to the wire diagram in the owners manual.
And we checked that everything works during the assembly again.
when the bike was completely put back together, the fuel pump would not prime for some reason, (although it would during assembly)

took the wire harness appart again, and started checking for continuety in all off the wires, went thru every output from the ECu, and everything checks out
then i hokked all the connections back up, and the fuel pump primes, but it wont stop priming untill i crank the engine and shut it off again.
during cranking i flooded the engine. so fuel is comming to my engine.
Pulled the plugs, they look fine, but no spark.
checked for voltage, and that checks out fine too. I do not have a peak voltage adapter, so i am not able to check peak..

my problem is that everything seems to work, and i cant for the life of me figure out why the hell my plugs wont spark..

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

ps: I am from norway, so my english is not that great.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:37 AM
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I understand you say have checked ECU output cables, I don’t know if this was just continuity or voltage.
Have you got power at your ECU ? Have you got all the safety devices covered (kill switches), not sure about all for your model ?

Old 04-06-2018, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecu

Originally Posted by wes 17
I understand you say have checked ECU output cables, I don’t know if this was just continuity or voltage.
Have you got power at your ECU ? Have you got all the safety devices covered (kill switches), not sure about all for your model ?

Hey, and thanks for the Swift Reply.
I checked for both continuity and for voltage. However. IT turns out that i Fried my ecu when we hooked the brake lights up. Checked my Ecu on a friends Bike and he got the same symptoms.