CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

E-manager on your CBR929/954rr

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
here is my thing. mika and i were talking - and ya, valve timing can really mess things up. but, mrsmobbins has a similar motor to ours (ya it's 1mm bigger), but as far as the cams - you, me, and mobbins have all used the webcams.

i haven't dyno'd my bike yet, it's only ran for a few seconds on a test firing (no radiator).

so i asked mobbins if he was a)running oem cam gears - he's not, he's running adjustable... and b)what degrees did he advance intake, retard exhaust, etc. - he hasn't messed with the cam timing at all. he just wanted the ability to do so.

and he dyno'd over 150rwhp on oem exhaust on a dyno that the owner claimed always read low.

mine idled just find with a 954 ECU when i fired it up for a few seconds.

are you sure you got the valve timing correct to OEM measures?
Conrice

Too bad here,problem is one cylinder still new. it may fired only one time. after tested to start. No fired on dyno..

After rebuld, I'm going to check coils,ECU,PCIIIusb, or plus(that much easier)

Old 06-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

so why do you think you had the misfire? did you check anything first like compression or anything before tearing it down? ya, clearly that cylinder isn't running - but why do you think it's necessary to rebuild the motor?

Old 06-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
so why do you think you had the misfire? did you check anything first like compression or anything before tearing it down? ya, clearly that cylinder isn't running - but why do you think it's necessary to rebuild the motor?
Thanks Conrice

I took my bike go on my dyno machine, it ran well and nothing feel bad , And still ran normally... I did not check compression before take it done the engine head.
I did not install the adjustable cams sprockets, so that's why? Also I wanna porting bigger intake and exhaust..becasue while I'm waiting for parts coming now,it should be a month, I can machine my engine head porting..that's why I took engine head off for modify...

Diagnostic the wireness is headache for me...

Thanks for help Conrice and Mika..very appreciate