CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Clock

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clock

Hey guys, I just recently bought a 2k1 929 and I had to replace the battery. In doing so the clock got reset. There are only those two buttons and I am wondering how I can reset the clock. I pushed the first one and it reset the trip milage. The second button changes from miles to kilometers. Thanks for the help

Old 05-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Default RE: Clock

This one has come up lots in this forum. Try and search...

(short answer: hold both together, left just before right. see prev posts for more details)

Old 05-07-2008, 07:11 PM

I scream at mine thru my helmet until it starts flashing... then I smash at the buttons until it's as accurate as the atomic clock. =P

Old 05-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Button smash here

Old 05-08-2008, 12:28 AM

Doooood, scroll through a few pages back and you should find the exact instructions. If you're lazy like us, just keep pushing buttons till they flash, then set the clock...

Old 09-17-2008, 09:12 AM

just a heads up (for the next person that searched this issue) the way I got mine to come on, was hit both buttons together, actually the left a little before the right.

once it starts blinking, use the left to swap from hours to minutes (am / pm ) and the right to clock in the time. Once you get that, I tried a million different combinations of buttons to get it to stop blinking. I couldn't, so I turned on the bike, started it up, killed it w/ the red switch, then turned the key off. when I turned the key back on it stopped blinking.

I know it's not the most descriptive but it's better than what I found, so hopefully it will help the next person...now if I could only get my low fuel light to go out!

Old 09-18-2008, 03:56 PM

or don't be lazy like the rest of us and read the instructions in the bike manual....

Old 09-20-2008, 12:01 AM

ORIGINAL: btmlinedan

just a heads up (for the next person that searched this issue) the way I got mine to come on, was hit both buttons together, actually the left a little before the right.

once it starts blinking, use the left to swap from hours to minutes (am / pm ) and the right to clock in the time. Once you get that, I tried a million different combinations of buttons to get it to stop blinking. I couldn't, so I turned on the bike, started it up, killed it w/ the red switch, then turned the key off. when I turned the key back on it stopped blinking.

I know it's not the most descriptive but it's better than what I found, so hopefully it will help the next person...now if I could only get my low fuel light to go out!
Try putting some gas in..[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 09-20-2008, 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: btmlinedan

...now if I could only get my low fuel light to go out!
I had this same problem a few weeks ago.

Here's the info off of the service manual:

FUEL RESERVE SENSOR
INSPECTION
Turn the ignition switch in ON and make sure the
fuel reserve indicator comes ON .
If the fuel reserve indicator does not indicate properly,
check for the following .
Disconnect the fuel reserve sensor 3P (Black) connector.
Short the wire harness side connector Brown/Black
and Green/Black terminals with a jumper wire .
Turn the ignition switch is ON and make sure the
fuel reserve indicator comes ON .
If the indicator come ON, replace the fuel pump
assembly.
If the indicator still not come ON, check for open or
short circuit in wire harness .
IGNITION SWITCH

I still ran into a problem, where I did the test, and the light came back on. So I replaced the fuel pump with a spare I had. SAME PROBLEM, light still on.

I finally traced the wires on the instrument cluster wiring harness, and found that my problem was a bad ground in the harness from the cluster. Fixed my problem. Scared me though, because I'm riding around waiting for my light to come on... and it didn't until I was 15 miles past where it normally trips at.

This doesn't seem like a big deal, until you consider I have a dented in stunt tank, and my light normally came on at 50 miles lol. Got a PCIII though now, and my light doesn't come on until 65 miles now. Woot!

Anyone say Road Trip?!

- Pixel -

Old 10-14-2008, 09:26 PM

I have had no luck in changing the time on my bike. I can't get it to reset/change whatsoever.

Quick Reply: Clock