CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

CBR929RR Fuel Pump Prime Issues - PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you take off the power commander just to see, just a thought are you getting 12v on both Black/white wires to the fuel cut relay, checking back you said you got 12v from each b/w wire, did you isolate the sidestand switch as well as the BAS

Last edited by CaBaRet; 07-23-2017 at 04:46 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

without the power commander its the same reading, the BAS i did do like i read and used a jump wire to bypass it and no result from that. the kick stand im not sure how to bypass to test but i tried holding the clutch, and with my cbr1000rr i can start it with kickstand up by holding the clutch. someone did cut the kick stand wires and twist them on, but with clutch pressed shouldnt it still get some fuel pump power?

Old 07-23-2017, 08:42 AM

If anyone can help me figure out where my problem is on this bike, i will gladly paypal a gift to that person. I am not here asking for free help and im thankful to anyone that can help me to find this problem.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by antallee
without the power commander its the same reading, the BAS i did do like i read and used a jump wire to bypass it and no result from that. the kick stand im not sure how to bypass to test but i tried holding the clutch, and with my cbr1000rr i can start it with kickstand up by holding the clutch. someone did cut the kick stand wires and twist them on, but with clutch pressed shouldnt it still get some fuel pump power?
I would check the sidestand if like you say someone had cut the wires, just make sure its bypassed

Old 07-23-2017, 09:31 AM

any idea how i would bypass that to test?

Old 07-23-2017, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

any idea how i would bypass that to test?
If you can follow the wires to the connector , which are the Green and the Green/White ,bridge the two wires together , there could be an open circuit there that is preventing the pump from running

Old 07-23-2017, 09:55 AM

Tried that, and no luck. Still no fuel prime. I wonder if thats why the wires were cut? Im not the first person to try and figure this out. I got it from someone that rebuilt the motor and then couldnt figure out the fuel pump issue and sold it to me.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Tried that, and no luck. Still no fuel prime. I wonder if thats why the wires were cut? Im not the first person to try and figure this out. I got it from someone that rebuilt the motor and then couldnt figure out the fuel pump issue and sold it to me.
Tried most wires, except the Brown/Black from the Fuel Cut Relay to the ECM, can you get a length of wire and connect it to the Brown/Black terminal on the Fuel Cut Relay and run it to the ECM and if you can back feed it into the connector where the Black/Brown wire goes into the ECM, should be in the black connector side to the ECM ,undo the battery first for safety's sake

Old 07-23-2017, 10:25 AM

how do i get the wire into the ecm with the little rubber thing inside? should i just cut the wire and tap it on that way?

Old 07-23-2017, 10:46 AM

Ok so i think i may be onto something, the brown wire from the fuel pump goes into the relay, then the relay has a brown/black wire that goes to the ECU. the brown/black wire at ECU has 12v with ignition on, and has voltage right to the relay, but at the relay theres no voltage to the brown wire that goes from relay to the pump. at the relay there is 12v at the other 2 wires also (black/white i think they were?) theres 2 other wires on pump a green for ground and a brown thats for low fuel which goes to the front of bike. The only thing im seeing that would control the pump is that brown wire that has no voltage out of the relay, i did swap the relay and that didnt change anything so it cant be the relay thats bad. If there is 12v coming from ecu to the relay but nothing out of relay to pump what the hell is happening? this is confusing to me. Im not a expert but i understand low voltage and have some experience in electronic repairs, auto wiring, etc so im not a complete noob

Quick Reply: CBR929RR Fuel Pump Prime Issues - PLEASE HELP!