CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

CBR 929 Engine Mod..

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 01:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile CBR 929 Engine Mod..

Hi all
I'm thinking to mod my CBR929 engine, who can give m esome suggestion?

I am also thinking to move CBR1000RR shaft cams to CBR 929...

How do you guys think? anyone has experience with this engine mod?

Last edited by Hung88; 10-23-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:56 AM

Please help....

Old 10-29-2010, 04:15 PM

I would get some beat up cams from each motor and start measuring. Also look up the lift and duration of each. They are going to be optimized by Honda to work best with their original motors, if you want cams to improve power over stock then you need higher lift and longer duration (or shorter depending on goals). You won't get more than 2-4hp without a Power Commander, and maybe 5-10hp with a PC. What else have you done that makes you want different cams?

Old 10-29-2010, 05:21 PM

dont go into the motor. get a dry nitrous system (40 shot), go -1 front sprocket and +3 rear sprocket. get light weight wheels (unsprung weight), get a full exhaust system, get a pc3 and get a custom map for the pc3.

Old 10-31-2010, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by vwmaniacvr6
I would get some beat up cams from each motor and start measuring. Also look up the lift and duration of each. They are going to be optimized by Honda to work best with their original motors, if you want cams to improve power over stock then you need higher lift and longer duration (or shorter depending on goals). You won't get more than 2-4hp without a Power Commander, and maybe 5-10hp with a PC. What else have you done that makes you want different cams?
Hi my friend

Thanks for replying info. Yes, I already have PCIII on my CBR929, but still thinking to work ECU and into stator(lighter rotor) or Hight cam cranshift and polish the intake and out....I wanna do CBR929 with 200HP, will it be possible?

Last edited by Hung88; 10-31-2010 at 02:14 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by johndoe
dont go into the motor. get a dry nitrous system (40 shot), go -1 front sprocket and +3 rear sprocket. get light weight wheels (unsprung weight), get a full exhaust system, get a pc3 and get a custom map for the pc3.

HI John

Thanks for reply....I was thinking to use nitrous system, but it need very good quality forged pistons and good well maintain, otherwise the engine will below up soon, so i think to the other way to make the engine better and endurability...

Old 11-01-2010, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Hung88
Hi my friend

Thanks for replying info. Yes, I already have PCIII on my CBR929, but still thinking to work ECU and into stator(lighter rotor) or Hight cam cranshift and polish the intake and out....I wanna do CBR929 with 200HP, will it be possible?
Anything is possible with $$. You should go turbo. With a nice rpm based boost controller it will bring the power in smooth and predictably, plus you don't need to get refills to use it. Or you could sell the 929 and buy a brand new BMW1000RR. They're 75lbs heavier but you'd be closer to 200hp for less $$ and headache than forcing a 929 to make it.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:08 AM

Anything is possible with $$. You should go turbo. With a nice rpm based boost controller it will bring the power in smooth and predictably, plus you don't need to get refills to use it. Or you could sell the 929 and buy a brand new BMW1000RR. They're 75lbs heavier but you'd be closer to 200hp for less $$ and headache than forcing a 929 to make it.
Oh...thanks very much, so anyone knows where to find turbo kits or HRC Kits for HONDA CBR929 model?

The CBR modification process is fun and price would be lower than I'm going to mod with BMW..so..that's why i'm doing this..

Now I havethe parts for engine are PCIII, exhaust,....maybe I need to make engine header to have more pressure for that...and forged pistons....

Old 11-01-2010, 10:15 AM

The difficult part about a turbo is how easy it is to add more power once it's on. If you really only want 200hp, it'll only take about 6psi to get it. Start researching compressor maps that will be on the edge of efficiency at 8psi and about 11000rpm. That way it won't get too hot but will still spool up below 4000. At that low of a pressure you won't need to modify the internals. If you get bit like I did with my GTI, you'll want to lower the compression of the motor with forged pistons that drop at least a point, then space the head up. You also need complete control of ignition timing. Retard it about 2 degrees per psi to be safe, then slowly bring timing back on with the bike on a dyno. With low compression and race gas you'd be able to run the stock ignition advance at pressures near 20psi, that would put you in the 350-400hp range...

You probably won't find a kit. Making an exhaust manifold is easy, it's the intake that will be hard. You want to calculate the right runner length and plenum size for the rpm range you'll use most, then figure out how to cram it under the tank.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:07 PM

The difficult part about a turbo is how easy it is to add more power once it's on. If you really only want 200hp, it'll only take about 6psi to get it. Start researching compressor maps that will be on the edge of efficiency at 8psi and about 11000rpm. That way it won't get too hot but will still spool up below 4000. At that low of a pressure you won't need to modify the internals. If you get bit like I did with my GTI, you'll want to lower the compression of the motor with forged pistons that drop at least a point, then space the head up. You also need complete control of ignition timing. Retard it about 2 degrees per psi to be safe, then slowly bring timing back on with the bike on a dyno. With low compression and race gas you'd be able to run the stock ignition advance at pressures near 20psi, that would put you in the 350-400hp range...

You probably won't find a kit. Making an exhaust manifold is easy, it's the intake that will be hard. You want to calculate the right runner length and plenum size for the rpm range you'll use most, then figure out how to cram it under the tank.
Hi my friend

Thank you very much..your infomation are treasure for me..really appreciate...

Once I have done the bike, I will post on here...thank you.

Quick Reply: CBR 929 Engine Mod..