CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

cam pulse sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 06:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam pulse sensor

if the cam pulse sensor is bad will it get spark and the tip over sensor does that control the fuel or what thanks

Old 03-27-2008, 07:11 AM
Default RE: cam pulse sensor

the tip over sensor controls the spark, im not sure but the pulse sensor should control spark also i would try the cheapest fix first

Old 03-27-2008, 07:18 AM

If you think the tip sensor is bad, you can bypass it by jumping the green and red wires together that go to it. It's a free way to check if the sensor is your problem.If not, just plug them back in and go for the cam one.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:31 AM

ok i got it to start i didnt check the sensors from above i sprayed starting fluid in the throttle bodies and it started up then it stoped so i checked the injector plugs and fuel tank plugs all good i fliped the fuel line around it acted like it wanted to start so i held down the starter button and then it poped andstarted and ran for 25sec?and stoped tryed it again and it started up then stoped again ran for 20 to 25 sec again and stoped so i turn the switch of then back on to prime the pump and it started right up i could rev it up a couple of times and would stop prime it again and start right up while doing this ther is a lot of smoke comeing out when it ran itran good then stop how do i check fuel pressure

Old 03-27-2008, 09:02 AM

I would replace the plugs while your at it. We had a 600F4i That we just sold wed. that had been sitting for a bit it started up but then we let it sit for a few more days and it fouled the plugs and won't start. Changed them out and no problems.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:14 PM

they are brand new just put them in on tuesday i thought that was the problem i posted it on another thread tuesday night and it still wouldnt start so i started elimn. things and got it started with starting fluid and it is getting gas in the throttle bodies but i dont think enough i need to know how to check fuel preassure

Old 03-27-2008, 01:21 PM

Straight from the manual:

Engine starts but stops ->

-Improper starter valve operation
-Intake pipe leaking
-Improper ignition timing (Faulty ignition coil or ignition pulse generator)
-Fuel Contaminated

That is way down the list of things, including checking fuel flow like you described to see if the pressure regulator is good. Pressure at Idle should be 50psi, but I'm not sure how to check it. I'd think there is a way to hook up a standard gauge that you can rent at an auto parts store.

Also, has it been sitting for a while, maybe some condensation collected and ruined the gas. It likes to go to the bottom of the tank and give people a bad day. Good luck.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:40 PM

it has been started and ran up and down the streetit didnt have a lot of gas in it and while it was running i put a little in it and then the problem startedi had the tank up and to the left and then to the right when i working on it so it may be possible that with low level i got dirt all stirred up or even cloged up thats why i need to check the fuel pressure be for i start take stuff of like fuel pump

Old 03-27-2008, 01:48 PM

I would definitely drain the tank and go get some fresh gas straight from the pump before checking pressure. If it still has problems with new gas, you check the pressure from the line under the tank that feeds the fuel rail. Remove the bolt going through the fitting for the line and replace it with the bolt honda sells that has a fitting on it to attach a fuel pressure gauge. You also need to pull the vacuum line off the regulator and plug it.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:02 PM

make sure your fuel line isnt bent while the tanks mounted

Quick Reply: cam pulse sensor