CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

929 Track Bike --- Draggin Hard Parts!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 929 Track Bike --- Draggin Hard Parts!!

So yes, I have been on the track a total of 2 times, the last time I figured out that those foot pegs that I swore would be too high to ever touch the ground are now an inch shorter, and i managed to put this neat line on the lower fairing by scrapping it along the track!!

now, I know Hanging off Helps this, but is there anything i Can do to not drag fairing? the pegs are being replaced by after market sets!
Also the corner that the fairing touched down in was a tight right hand hairpin!
But the Pegs were touching down just about everywhere and the bike wasnt even leaned all that far.
Cheers

Last edited by johnnycrash; 05-30-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:17 AM

congrats on the track days....1st check you ride height...as i had a similar problem and found that mine was 40mm lower than standard...ended up putting it down as the weight came off the back wheel too much...Also you have to get more off the bike...the more upright the bike is the more drive you have...adjustable rearsets are good but it wont help with the engine covers

maark

Old 05-31-2010, 08:56 PM

^+1

Get off the bike. That severe of a lean makes you so very, very close to a lowside.

Also, have your suspension checked and set up for your weight. Should be someone at the track that offers this service.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by randyjoy
^+1

Also, have your suspension checked and set up for your weight. Should be someone at the track that offers this service.
Thats a good point. Is there some one or place that can help with that. I know how to physically adjust it and i am used to the way it is. But i wonder how it would ride with it set for me. I dont go the track, but would still like to adjust it. Any ideas on where it should be for a guy 6'1 170lbs?

Old 06-01-2010, 06:30 PM

Thanks guys,
I have the suspension set pretty tight, and ride height is correct. although i had to soften it up for that particular track because it is very rough and full of patches.
The other track I rode on was like glass, its called Calabogie Motor Sports park, look it up its awesome.

Anyway, I have another question, My leathers are giving me issues, its a 2 piece oe rockket suit, the jacket fits good, the pants fit good everywhere except the ***.
When in riding position and trying to spread my legs the *** gets really tight and limits my mobility. Anyone know of a way to break them in, or to help soften the leather and stretch that area out. I think this may also be why i am forced to lean soo much.

Thanks

Old 06-21-2010, 11:51 PM

Get your suspension done by a professional. Most track organizations will provide a suspension company on site to do it for you. If you ride hard, do a hard session after tires are warmed up and then get your suspension adjusted for your weight. Then try another session and see if you notice a difference, I know I definitely did after it was adjusted for me.

Also, if you are scraping parts, the bike is leaned over too much. Hang off the bike more. Put your chin where your mirrors were. At least half your *** off the seat. Drop your elbow. Get an instructor from the track org to tow you around and follow you around so he can see what you are doing. Ask them questions on how to improve, it is what they are there for.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:52 AM

Well, It basically boils down to my leather pants being too small!
The crotch was too low, and preventing me from getting close to the tank and from properly hanging off the bike. I have since bought an alpinestars RC-1 suit and well what a difference. I have been able to put my knee down in places I never thought possible, at much slower speeds with alot less lean.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by johnnycrash
Well, It basically boils down to my leather pants being too small!
The crotch was too low, and preventing me from getting close to the tank and from properly hanging off the bike. I have since bought an alpinestars RC-1 suit and well what a difference. I have been able to put my knee down in places I never thought possible, at much slower speeds with alot less lean.
Haha, awesome. I have been told by experienced riders that one can drag knee @ 15 mph with proper body positioning, lol

Old 06-24-2010, 08:40 PM

I'd love to take some courses on more advanced riding.. Planning on doing my first track day this summer. Would love to get rearsets before hand though..

Originally Posted by Robles929
Haha, awesome. I have been told by experienced riders that one can drag knee @ 15 mph with proper body positioning, lol

Old 08-05-2010, 01:05 PM

I have the same problem. I've done 5 track days this summer and I'm having issues with ground clearance. I've scrapped my pegs, lower fairing and ground the toe slider right off of my boot. I've seen videos of me and I'm hanging off like a friggin monkey and the bike isn't leaned over that far. My bike is lowered 1 inch in the front so I'm guessing that is contributing to the problem. I'm going to raise it up a bit and get some adjustable rear sets. I've read reviews of the 929 and they all say the 929 suffers from clearance issues on the track.

Heres me at Mosport a couple weeks ago. It's a very famous track in Canada for those that don't know. Not very technical but extremely fast and flowing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha5Nq9Rif5M

Quick Reply: 929 Track Bike --- Draggin Hard Parts!!