CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Support the Fireblade for ROTM...please vote..

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 03:32 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Red face OG FIREBLADE ROTM - support please!

Hello to all fellow RR members...I know the 900rr is a dying breed & not too many of us left but I need all your votes for Feb. ROTM. My 94 CBR 900RR just got nom & 2nd... I know it's a long shot but we'll have to try....if Flyingpig's yellow (Jan. ROTM lost by 2 vote) cannot get enough vote, I'm doubting for all our OG fireblade's chances here....we just have to keep trying...somehow we're just out numbered by later models...LOL.

ROTM thread should begin voting sometimes next week so thanks for all your vote in advance....

I'll try to shoot some nicer pictures of bike to post on the ROTM thread when it begins!

• FIREBLADE - 1994 CBR 900 RR
• Original Factory Scheme Fairings
• Polish Frame & Swing Arm
• Chrome Wheel
• Dunlop Q2
• Plazzo Lever
• Corbin Seat
• K & N Air Filter
• Zero Gravity Wind Shield
• Iranium Spark Plugs
• Vance & Hines Titanium Bolt-On
• Yoshimura Carbon Fiber Bolt-On (Spare)
• TARGA SOLO Race Seat
• TARGA Mirror
• Inter-grated Clear Led R/L Signal Blinkers
• Carbon Fiber Chain Guards
• Carbon Fiber Triple Tree & Speedo Guards
• 520 DID Chain/ +3 Quick Excel Conversion Kit
• Chrome Kickstand
• Aluminum Stay
• Aluminum Bolt Kit

Don't overkill the appearance of this RR because we want to keep the original look of this bike AMAP…....

Old 02-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Nov 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I never noticed before but do you have the wrong year can/s for your bike ?

Old 02-12-2012, 11:09 AM
February 2012 ROTM

Originally Posted by zaqwert6
I guess I never noticed before but do you have the wrong year can/s for your bike ?
Yeah...the mount hanger is off by 20degree counter clockwise...the yoshi is not that obvious but the V&H is... Been riding for few years already and it's works fine...

Old 02-12-2012, 11:16 AM
February 2012 ROTM

93'-94'? Yosh don't make these years...V&H Titanium don't either.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:34 AM
February 2012 ROTM

Originally Posted by estate4life
Yeah...the mount hanger is off by 20degree counter clockwise...the yoshi is not that obvious but the V&H is... Been riding for few years already and it's works fine...
Here's a clip showing the exhaust...when i purchase can, seller state 93-96, then when receive, sticker shows 96-99. Seller say he give me 1/2 credit if i can modify to fit. As you can see, the Can is off counter clockwise. I had to use the Yosh hanger (for the V&H can) and bent to tab, so it's been 2 years and work find. So the later years 96-99 is much easier to find part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BSU2cYx3uY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Old 02-12-2012, 11:43 AM
February 2012 ROTM

Check out this short clip I shot yesterday. This is my 2nd time using the hero 2 chesty mount. Problem is When I excel, habit is to tug in, elbows bent, but with a chest mount, if you tug in, camera only shoots the tank, this video I shot, I had my arms straight...so the camera can capture better picture of the road. Midway, I forgot about the camera and tug in again! But realize & straight up again. I have not try the suction mount, maybe next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXVJf...e_gdata_player

Old 02-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Nov 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by estate4life
I'm sure it does. I've seen a few here and there like that. I always thought it was odd that Honda would have used different flange orientation on different years. I cut one off and rewelded it back correctly for someone a few years ago. It's relatively simple to do and shouldnt cost much to have done if your not able yourself. Unless it doesn't bother you then nevermind.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:49 PM
February 2012 ROTM

I'm sure it does. I've seen a few here and there like that. I always thought it was odd that Honda would have used different flange orientation on different years. I cut one off and rewelded it back correctly for someone a few years ago. It's relatively simple to do and shouldnt cost much to have done if your not able yourself. Unless it doesn't bother you then nevermind.
Actually, the rear pegs bother me most but i never found a hanger I liked, then to remove the rear pegs...

I saw your hanger in the motorcycle fun challenge pic, did you buy it like that or custom made fitted?

Old 02-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Nov 2011 ROTM

I machined that one myself. I've made a few for that bike. First one to lose the pegs, one I never liked and then the current one which came after I rebuilt and cut down the can which moved the mouniting point.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:23 PM
February 2012 ROTM

I machined that one myself. I've made a few for that bike. First one to lose the pegs, one I never liked and then the current one which came after I rebuilt and cut down the can which moved the mouniting point.
Wow, great Job, looks great, I was thinking about buying a used(cheap) right peg, then take off peg, grind off the peg (hinge) arm (make it flush) then send out to polish...or chrome, never had time to get in it...

Quick Reply: Support the Fireblade for ROTM...please vote..