CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Looking for a new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a new exhaust

I'm looking for a real decent slip on but i cant seem to find a website that has tons of different kinds with sounds. Also looking for whatpeople recomend and what they feel would work best with a slip on mod IE: Jet kit, K&N air filter. All help and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Default RE: Looking for a new exhaust

1. D&D exhaust is loud! They will hear you coming and have nice horsepower gains also.
2. Aftermarket air filters are good, work best with exhaust.
3. After you change the exhaust and air filter then your bike will usually run al ittle hotter. then you need a jet kit. Best to do all three at same time and get it tuned to the right air/fuel mixture

Old 05-30-2007, 09:49 PM

Also would it be woth buying a slip on? Or just go Full exhaust.

The full exhaust is 250-300 dollars more

Is there that much difference in Full exhaust VS. Slip on?

Thanks for your help guys.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:35 PM

Go with the full exhaust. I have the YOSH RS-3 titanium great pipe. I allso removed the K&N filter and jet kit i had and put in the full FACTORY PRO setup. Im running 162 main jets and i had to cut the airbox up alittle for a different kind of air filter setup but it was well worth the work. thats all i got!

Old 05-30-2007, 11:48 PM

Full is always better than half, but it also costs more! how much did the factory pro kit cost you junkie? Where did you get the 162 main jets? What mods did you make to the airbox? Did you go with velocity stacks?

Old 06-03-2007, 10:53 AM

Full is always better than half, but it also costs more! how much did the factory pro kit cost you junkie? Where did you get the 162 main jets? What mods did you make to the airbox? Did you go with velocity stacks?........................................... .

Im not sure what i paid for the kit i will try to find my book of old receipts but i got alot of stuff from FACTORY PRO at one time.. i got all the billet motor covers the plus 4 timming advancer & the shift kit that comes with the shift spring, detent, & star.I allso got their jet kit with airbox mods.And i had to reorder jets 2times from them to get the 162's.I tried 148's then 155's then i ordered the 162's. As for the airbox mod its a snap to do all you need is a dremel tool with a cut blade and then some real good cleaner like purplestuff. You dont need to buy velocity stacks the stock airbox goes over the the stock stacks and mounts right to the carbs the only way you can tell if someone has the kit is to listen to the bike. The sound of the cams hitting the valves is alot louder and the sound of the of air rushing in the box is louder too. Im going to say i spent about $1,100 for everything. Your going to spend alot of time tuning the carbs for the kit it will do good around town but then rough on the highway then rough around town and great on the highway.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:52 PM

D&D are definitely something to get you noticed! I didn't like the dnd's on my buddies bikes. I had the two brothers carbon and like it but did want something louder. I had the stainless steel full exhaust and did have to take the exhaust completely apart once. The weight difference between stock and aftermarket is insane. The stock exhaust from header all the way back took two hands the two brothers stainless was finger light! The two brothers are deep and I liked that about it. To me the D&D were more like weed wacker kind of loud...don't get me wrong they sound good but they also would sound good to the cop getting ready to pull you over!

Old 06-11-2007, 06:04 PM

WHEN YOU SAY SLIP ON, DID YOU MEAN BOLT ON ? ! SLIP ONS DON'T WORK UNLESS YOU ALREADY HAVE A FULL EXHAUST SYS:! STOCK EXHAUST IS A BOLT ON !!! IF YOU NEED A SLIP ON I HAVE ONE! NEW FRON D & D! A SHOW AND GO POLISHED FOR 96-99 CBR 900RR! $150!!! WILL SHIP TO YOU FOR FREE!!!

Old 06-16-2007, 01:18 AM

YEAH THATS WHAT I MEANT...HOW COME YOU HAVE ALL OF YOUR TYPING IN CAPS??? BTW full exhaust is more beneficial to a non-fuel injected bike...The deal Gp comm. put out there sounds like a deal to me...although I found a full d&d for 464 here... http://store.58cycle.com/category_s/1521.htm

Old 06-18-2007, 12:03 PM

D&D and Vance & Hinces (mine) are both too loud. I got a full Vance & Hinces SS2R system, jet kit and K&N filter and could notice the difference. However, once that canister broke in I sort of regreted the purchase. It's WAAAY too loud. If loud is what you're in to, you'll be happy!

Quick Reply: Looking for a new exhaust