CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

I've come to apologize...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've come to apologize...

Over the winter I tore down my '93 900rr for a complete rebuild. I powdercoated the frame, went to town on all the little details - replacing bushings, bearings, seals, cables, wires and the works. During reassembly business started picking up at work. I became too busy to countinue my project and got to a point where I lost interest. Not just in the RR, but riding in general. Work was crazy enough to keep me focused on one thing... work.

In retail there is always a lull from the end of Sept. to the middle of Oct. Since business is in that lull right now I've once again wanted to start riding. However, I hated the idea of wasting my last two months of the riding season working on the RR. I checked all the online venues; craigslist, eBay, carsoup, so-on and so-on. The retail value of a 900rr is rediculous! I know they're great bikes, but come on... they're heavy, they're long, they're OUT DATED. For the money I could no longer stand the though of buying another 900rr. I have turned to the dark side (almost litterally) and purchased a 2005 Yamaha R1 (raven color - hince the "dark side"). The bike is amazing. And more amazing, is it only cost me $6,000. The least of the nicest 900rr's that I looked at was $3,500. I wouldn't have settled for anything less.

So, my apologies to those who have remained true to the 900rr... being almost a decade since we've said goodbye to the factory production lineup, I think I've held on long enough. My 900rr will be finished over the winter, but only to sell next spring. I've loved these bikes and they'll always hold a special place in my mind when I'm flying through the backroads. See you guys through the winter and I'll bid you adue in the spring, along with the RR.
Thanks for everything and best wishes on the road,
Anthony

Old 10-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Default RE: I've come to apologize...

I accept. Each 900RR that goes (how long will it last out of your hands, really...) only increases the value of mine, so it's okay. Enjoy the updated thrills!---

--just kidding!

Old 10-07-2007, 08:03 PM

I accept.. but on one condition. You post some pictures of your finished project for I am sure with all the time you are taking it will be a BAD *** finished project. Just please dont sell it to some tool bag teenager thats going to twelve outta your driveway. Good luck and ride safe!!

Old 10-07-2007, 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: grubeda7

I accept.. but on one condition. You post some pictures of your finished project for I am sure with all the time you are taking it will be a BAD *** finished project. Just please dont sell it to some tool bag teenager thats going to twelve outta your driveway. Good luck and ride safe!!
No kidding on the teenager thing.

What made you choose a Yamaha? The 1000RR is so much better looking. Not the new one... the 06-07's

Old 10-07-2007, 08:23 PM

the R1 is a SEXY bike but i love my 900 but if it something ever happens to mine (god forbid!!) i will end up with an R1 07, 08
take it easy
JonBrown

Old 10-07-2007, 08:24 PM

Is it that I'm old or do the new bikes lack the style of the older (late 90's) bikes. I do like the R1's thought they are sweet looking. But I love my 900. I just got a subframe on ebay for $5 bucks, can't do that with the R1. But you'll blow me out of the water on the track with it.

Oh and hey, she's not heavy, just has a wide tank.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:21 AM

So are we duking it out for parts on ebay? I'll bet there's at least a few people on this forum that have lost to me![sm=devilgrin.gif]
Just kidding, I lose pretty much more than I win. Although I'm still waiting for the find of the century to come in the mail. I'll post pics when they arrive, here's a hint: they're both 17 inches, white, and have never been put on...

Old 10-08-2007, 03:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The R1 has the most sharper look than all the other liter bikes; my 2cents..

Old 10-08-2007, 06:30 AM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR
here's a hint: they're both 17 inches, white, and have never been put on...
Are they made by Trojan?

And Dinez I couldn't agree with you more. That's the exception to my rule.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As many of you know, I've been to the bottom of a 900RR as your have morehpforme. It is a ton of work and not something to be taken lightly. But like the others I accept as well. The reason being, your still a rider... Honda /zuks/kawis/ and harleys.... doesn't matter you still belong to the brotherhood. I'd rather see a 900RR tore down than tore up. Congrats on the new wheels. Shiny side up man.

P.S. About the teenagers...hey now I still consider myself a teenager (I'm 21) and take care of my bikes thank you [8D]

Quick Reply: I've come to apologize...