CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

I can't get the nerve up...........

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I can't get the nerve up...........

It happens every time there is a wheelie thread..........locking it will only breed a new thread and the same ol!!

Old 07-28-2007, 07:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok thanks for the help and just so ya'll know I would never do a power wheelie. I personaly feel more in control with the clutch wheelie, and I don't care about the price of a clutch cause it alot cheaper than a hospital bill or the pain and suffering anyday. I will change my clutch every month if I have to as long as it means me staying out of the hospital. but on the other hand I didn't mean to start any stunter vs. everyone else drama thing SORRY [sm=boosign.gif]

Old 07-28-2007, 07:42 AM

Oh, it's certainly not your fault for asking a legit question.........it's the my way or the highway attitude to do stunts, race, etc.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:54 AM

haha, i don't know if it was powering it up's fault, but i definitly feel more in control with the clutch.....

just my $0.02

Old 07-28-2007, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: gixxereater

I figured it would only be a matter of time before you popped in here. We all know the reason for the clutch.........so I can ride a stand up for as far as I have road..........but I power it up in 2nd. Tell me.......PLEASE.......how is that going to kill me or my bike? Please, I'd like to know.
Yes.......the clutch is used to perform slow wheelies and to get them to BP right NOW!! So, you have your way of doing it and others have thiers......big deal. If we're not rolling 5mph circle wheelies, just riding them down a deserted piece ofroad.....we HAVE to use the clutch or die? Come on man............get off your horse. I could tell you how to drag a knee all day long through corners on any track you go to...........but it doesnt mean that is going to work for YOU now does it? I just dont get the do it my way or your an idiot mentality of the stunters on here. But, this isnt the first thread it's happened in and surely wont be the last.
+1

Old 07-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Err

ORIGINAL: grubeda7

Err, dont be a dick man. This is an open forum. Everyone has their own opinion. Dont just ****ing claim to be the best and know it all. Just take it easy and let the guy take what info he wants and throw away the rest. Ride safe
please.....show me where i said i was the best. i can't seem to find it anywhere in my post......

Old 07-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Err

I figured it would only be a matter of time before you popped in here. We all know the reason for the clutch.........so I can ride a stand up for as far as I have road..........but I power it up in 2nd. Tell me.......PLEASE.......how is that going to kill me or my bike? Please, I'd like to know.
Yes.......the clutch is used to perform slow wheelies and to get them to BP right NOW!! So, you have your way of doing it and others have thiers......big deal. If we're not rolling 5mph circle wheelies, just riding them down a deserted piece ofroad.....we HAVE to use the clutch or die? Come on man............get off your horse. I could tell you how to drag a knee all day long through corners on any track you go to...........but it doesnt mean that is going to work for YOU now does it? I just dont get the do it my way or your an idiot mentality of the stunters on here. But, this isnt the first thread it's happened in and surely wont be the last.
alright there tito...

the clutch is not just for slow wheelies. its for any wheelie.....

power wheelies are bad. you pick up way to much speed. meaning, i started it at 35 mph then when i set it down i'm going 70+. THAT IS NOT SAFE! especially for a squid. if you don't know what you're doing (ie squids) and you hit the powerband that bitch is going to go back quickly and scare the rider, who now panics and bites it or has an extremely close call..... with the clutch it is the same speed the entire time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvfN5fSDq4o that is what i'm talkign about. the guy gets it in the powerband it starts coming back to fast, he panics doesn't know to hit the rear brake and goes over.

i'll explain the "if you don't do it my way, you're idiot" comment.

like everything else in this world there is a right way and a wrong way to do things. powering a wheelie is the WRONG way to do a wheelie. yes you may be able to power it right on up to bp, but that does not mean you are doing safely.

let me ask you something. if you were to get a consultation on open hear surgery would you go to heart surgeon or a dentist?

if you want to learn to wheelie, should you ask people who wheelie all the time and can help you do it without killing yourself or would you ask someone who does trackdays?

Old 07-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Err

Oh, it's certainly not your fault for asking a legit question.........it's the my way or the highway attitude to do stunts, race, etc.
i am not trying to be a dick. i just don't want to see someone else squid out like i did......

what is the problem with telling someone the CORRECT way to do things?

Old 07-29-2007, 01:03 PM

I can't believe that guy got right up!!!

I've pulled one power (bounce) wheelie in 1st....it felt pretty uncontrolled....it was my 1st though.

It's what the rider is comfortable with that matters the most.
Different strokes for different folks.

MP76