CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

I can't get the nerve up...........

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I can't get the nerve up...........

I can't get the nerve up to stand up when I ride a wheelie. I can sit down all day and ride on the back wheel. But when it comes to standing up I just get real nervous and can't do it. What do I do to overcome this. I never do wheelies without clutching it up. is this my problem or what can I do to get over the fear of standing...?[:@]

Old 07-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I can't get the nerve up...........

i spent a afternoon riding around standing on the pegs
i looked like a dork but hey i got over the fear
now if i could really master a stand up wheelie ill be happy
im still playing with clutching it up
man i love to ride
a bad day riding beats a good day at work anytime

Old 07-26-2007, 10:40 PM

Heres my recommendation.... take it for what its worth. (And I aint responsible for you screwing your **** up) Dont clutch your wheelies.. Too hard on the bike. To learn the stand up, do a second gear 40-50 mph (Depending on your sprockets) stand up on the pegs.. keep a constant speed, then let of the gas and push down on the front end... blah blah blah do a power up wheelie by bouncing the front end but just do it standing. Itll take a bunch of times to get used to standing up. But once you get the hang of it you'll never want to do a sit down again!!
take your time and just go out there and say "Im going to do it before i go home"

Good luck and be safe

Old 07-27-2007, 09:00 AM

I never clutch mine either.....sit downs are powered up in 1st and then shifted2nd where I want it........stand ups are done with power in 2nd and usually just stay in 2nd for those as long as you care to hold it there. Any "stunter" will tell you to use the clutch........so eventually someone will pop in here and tell you to use it, but I personally dont care for it. I'm no professional and can not do 1/2 the things on one wheel that a good stunter can do, but I can carry a wheelie as far as I care to with out using just power so..........it works for me. Take it slow. Ease it up a little at a time in 1st where it will come up REAL easy just standing on the front pegs. I stand on the front pegs for all of my stand ups.............it is WAY easier to control than any sit down wheelie I've ever done......it just takes a little practice. Go slow and get a feel for it and you'll get it.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Err

these guys are going to kill you and your bike. have fun with power wheelies....

edit: dude i got a 900 that i stunt religiously and i have ZERO clutch problems and it runs like a ****ing champ. not only that but this is a 14 yr old bike and i am not the first "stunter" to own it. if you want to learn wheelies head over the stunter section and read up. don't listen to these people.......please for the love of god don't power wheelie......learn it the correct way.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:04 AM

Err, dont be a dick man. This is an open forum. Everyone has their own opinion. Dont just ****ing claim to be the best and know it all. Just take it easy and let the guy take what info he wants and throw away the rest. Ride safe

Old 07-27-2007, 12:16 PM

I figured it would only be a matter of time before you popped in here. We all know the reason for the clutch.........so I can ride a stand up for as far as I have road..........but I power it up in 2nd. Tell me.......PLEASE.......how is that going to kill me or my bike? Please, I'd like to know.
Yes.......the clutch is used to perform slow wheelies and to get them to BP right NOW!! So, you have your way of doing it and others have thiers......big deal. If we're not rolling 5mph circle wheelies, just riding them down a deserted piece ofroad.....we HAVE to use the clutch or die? Come on man............get off your horse. I could tell you how to drag a knee all day long through corners on any track you go to...........but it doesnt mean that is going to work for YOU now does it? I just dont get the do it my way or your an idiot mentality of the stunters on here. But, this isnt the first thread it's happened in and surely wont be the last.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:50 PM

there we go.... hold your own stunna.... i learned how to do it with power but after i wrecked, now i'm learning how to do it with the clutch... honestly i feel like i have more control and its less violent when i use the clutch to get it up.... also i don't have the ***** to do stand-ups either??? maybe its just us... lol

Old 07-27-2007, 04:14 PM

I see you put wrecked in bold. Is that to imply that you crashed because of using power to wheelie or because **** happens and it got away?

Old 07-27-2007, 05:10 PM

I wish I was an admin so I could lock this thread. Too much drama...