CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

getting jetted

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006 | 03:03 AM
Default getting jetted

so i was thinking about getting my 98 cbr900rr jetted, has about 23k on it.

Here is my reasoning... I just got the bike and i think i want to learn to stunt, but the power seems low, other people have sait it as well and im told this can bring back the life to the bike. Also what should i look at if i dont care about 100mph + power. Like sprockets and such. Ive searched around and cant find my answers

Thanks
Ryan

Old 07-04-2006 | 03:38 AM
Err
Default RE: getting jetted

dude i got a 93 that has stock gearing and stock jets and i can wheelie just fine. i think you just need to practice. are you clutching or powering them up? standing or sitting? read this then go find some place to practice.

p.s. remember to cover the rear brake. very very important...

p.p.s. learn on stock gearing before you get bigger sprockets, much easier and much more forgiving.

Old 07-05-2006 | 03:13 AM

yah i wasnt throttling enough... I still get some stutter... im just powering it for now... Taking small steps, powering, then clutching, then trying to switch gears... might save that one end of summer :P

did a few decent ones today and one my foot came off the back brake... dont really know how butwas scarry as hell...

Old 07-05-2006 | 12:28 PM
Err

i'm no pro at stunting, but please clutch them up. once you get used to the initial snap you'll never go back to power wheelies again. i actually get scared when i do power wheelies, because they just feel so unpredictable and unstable. power wheelies are bad b/c they come up like a sling shot and by the time you set the wheel down you're doing 60+. please for the love of god don't do them, you WILL get hurt.

left foot on the rear pass. peg, right foot covering the rear brake (this is a staggered stance); get going at a walking pace (i'm usually in 1st) and pull the clutch in and give it a LITTLE bit of gas then let the clutch out fast. this should cause the front to either lurch (not enough gas) or come off the ground. now just get used to how the bike reacts with a given amount of throttle. when you're comfortable with how much gas you're giving it give it a little more and it will come up higher. just repeat these steps and soon you'll be clutching to BP (balance point).

wheelies take practice and a lot of it. the past 4 or 5 days i've been practicng for at least 2 hrs a day, and i have seen tremendous progress. i'm now riding them out about an 1/8th of a mile and i'm flirting with BP. just cover that REAR BRAKE.

p.s. you don't need to be a "stunter" to know how to wheelie the correct way.

Old 08-14-2006 | 12:52 AM

yah, i dont see my self doing staggered... im a little jumpy when i try it that way... I think i will just clutch the bike up, what rpms do you guys clutch at?

Old 08-14-2006 | 09:08 PM
Err

no gauges so i don't know. check out the stunters corner. there's a sticky on how-to wheelie at the top.

i feel more stable and comfortable standing staggered, give it a try.

Old 08-15-2006 | 02:50 PM

tried it yesterday, did it pretty nice, unfortunately right by a police station that i forgot was tehre but no one noticed hah... didnt get it that far up but was pretty steady

Old 08-15-2006 | 06:10 PM
Err

watch out for the man....for some reason they don't like it when we ride on one wheel....

keep practicing

Old 08-15-2006 | 09:51 PM

yah i dont want to be 12' o clockin it, just enough to get it off the ground :P

Old 08-15-2006 | 09:52 PM

yah i dont want to be 12' o clockin it, just enough to get it off the ground :P you know, id rather be that guy who can barely do the wheelie vs the guy who can get straight up on the highway and slam into the back of a buick... something about it just isnt that amazing

Quick Reply: getting jetted