CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 900RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-900rr-19/)
-   -   Front Break Problem??? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-900rr-19/front-break-problem-70604/)

icreepin 06-08-2008 03:07 PM

Front Break Problem???

I had some vibration from the front when I would apply the front break so looking on the forum I found the possible solutions.

After taking my tire off and changeing the warped rotor I put the wheel back on and now I lose front break preasure. I thought the breaks needed to be bleed so I did that but the issue is still there. then I took the break fluid cover off and rebleed the breaks again and the bike still loses preasure. By all respects I think there is a air bubble (very large one) but not sure how to get it out any help? I did change the pads.

Jeff1980 06-08-2008 04:26 PM

RE: Front Break Problem???

You may need to bleed the master cylinder. Basically the same process as bleeding at the caliper but a little bit messy. Wrap a rag around the banjo bolt that connects the brake line to the master cylinder to keep the fluid from spraying everywhere. Crack the bolt loose with pressure on the lever and you should hear your air bubble escape.

icreepin 06-08-2008 08:06 PM

ok I did that. now the break lever really only feels spongy when I am riding if I pump it enough when I am sitting still then I get presure. this may sound odd but is it posible to have more then one air bubble or so many that bleeding may need to be done over and over?

dinez74 06-08-2008 09:45 PM

Check your fork as well. Forks that not in good condition,bent, notsync. properly and leaking can cause vibration to the wheel when you apply the brake.

icreepin 06-08-2008 10:19 PM

to cure the vibration I changed what I was told was a warped rotor (just bought the bike) from the old owner. I cant check the vibration cause now the front break is spongy so I blead the breaks then tried the master break blead suggestion. but when I pump my breaks and the bike is sitting (running or not) I can get preasure on the break lever when I start moving I lose all break preasure in the front breaks. So before I can see if the vibration issue is fixed i need to fix the break preasure issue that I just got after changeing the rotor.

900FighterRR 06-08-2008 10:30 PM

you have no pressure? There is air in the system for sure, especially if you see no oil leaks anywhere. Its possible that your master cylinder is drawing air in but not letting any oil out. I've heard of that happening. Try tapping all the s on the brake lines and tapping the calipers to vibrate and free up any air trapped in these kinks. Then re-bleed them and make sure your bleeding them correctly by not drawing any air back into the system. Thats the best I can give you, I have a similar problem and I've just gotten used to my lever being a little soft even with aftermarket SS lines. It sucks...

icreepin 06-09-2008 07:05 AM

when I say my lever is soft. I mean while ridding I have no front breaks there is no preasure at all. but when I stop I am able to pump the front breaks and get preasure. I am going to take it into my work today and we have an automatic bleeder so gonna see if we have an adapter that will fit over the master break cylinder and then bleed them like that.

Ghusar 06-09-2008 10:51 AM

depending on the mileage I wuld flush the lines anyhow. Its amazing how dirty those lines get.

stynkmonkey 06-09-2008 11:16 AM

If you haven't already make sure that there are no pin holes in the lines and that the bleeders are tight and not cross threaded or stripped or something that would cause air to get in the lines.

icreepin 06-09-2008 05:04 PM

ok talked to a guy at my job who worked on hondas for over 15 years he told me just to get a bleeder pump and do it that way. my issue is there is alot of air in the lines. So will keep you all updated.