CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

engine bogging, deep exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's not the air filter. I put a OEM one on and the bike is still acting up. The mechanic who synched the carbs said when he pulled the plugs three of them were white and #2 was black. When i pulled the plugs befor this whole thing began they were all the same. golden brown. but i changed them anyway. So after i put the new filter in i started it up and it didnt sound right at all. I wet the headers and #1 was kinda hot, #2 was cold and #3 and 4 were hot as hell. I know it wasnt doing this when i left the mechanic because i would have heard it. So i took it for a short ride and it still sucked. I got back and pulled #2 and #1, 2 was black and 1 was white. THey both had good spark though. So it seems like my problem is getting worse without even touching the bike. WHat does this sound like to you guys. I dont want to take it back to the same mechanic because he didnt fix it the first time. The carb cleaning could be the problem but the only hting i could have missed is the lines from carb to carb. But i tried to get the best i could with out pulling them apart. HELP!!!!! i think im gonna buy a suzuki

Old 06-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need to find a good mechanic dude. They actually do exist, you just gotta look around. If you think buying a new bike will solve the problem then you are right, but thats a lot of money and if you took even a 16th of the price of the new bike and invested it in tools to do your own work you would never have to go to a mechanic again. The issue you are having is carb related. The guy you took it to was a moron and didn't a **** job if he didn't sync your carbs. Even if you have to look out of state for a good company you can ship your carb abnk and have it rebuilt and cleaned properly. Its your call but I would remain patient because you still have a viable bike on your hand that simply needs quality service. I can't give you any other direction because I have no idea what has been done correctly to this point on the bike. If cylinders are out fo balance though its because the carbs are not identically set up. Who knows, maybe the mechanic was bad enough that he didn't match up your needle heights.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK fighter, i think i almost got it. the bike has alomost all it power back. the bogging is basically gone but it is still backfiring like crazy. On decel mostly and when cruising. What i most recently did was take the carbs bock off. I cleaned the jets again. this time i took the one out that has a nut on the end that another jet screws into. I checked the float heights and changed two of the float valves. i changed the fouled plufg and put it all back together and it was riding better than it has since i first started having this problem. But the backfire still concerns me. I think its robbing a bit of power too. Could the carbs need to be tuned? there is nothing really different about the bike from last year except the color. Could the color be the problem? It's black now so do you think i could have gotten cursed fairings or maybe they were shipped from hell. I checked the exhaust and didnt find any leaks. And could i tbe a plug wire? Anyway thanks for all the help fighter. I have learned alot since i started f'ing with this bike. espicially about carbs. Let me know what you think about the popping. thakns