CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

does anyone know??

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 12:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: does anyone know??

I have asked around my local area, I have found one place but was unsure if it was worth my time to have straightened. The rim vibrates the clip ons and my hand goes numb after about 10 mins. But as I watch rims go by on ebay the likelyhood my gettin my straightened locally gets better and better!
I cannt afford aftermarket rims ....... I cant seem to keep it in my pants ...... expecting number three in december! My oldest is 5, and daddy had to beg borrow and steal to convince mom to let me keep my ONLY toy!!

Old 09-19-2006, 01:12 AM

As far as it goes for me, I like to trust somewhere that does mostly, if not all motorcycle wheels, frames, etc straightening. I know for certain that those places invest in proper equipment to make their job quicker and accurate since that's all they do. I see several local places that straighten wheels but do mostly automotive wheels. It's like changing tires at Pep Boys... sure they have the equipment, but do they have the experience and knowledge to do it right the first time? I know that for me, it's my life on two wheels, I can't afford to risk one of the two being bad.[:'(] There's less room for errors.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:01 PM

Good point and taken with strongest advise!

Old 10-06-2006, 11:45 PM

Dont mess with the rear end at all or even the front suspension. An easy and quick mod to improve handling is to simply throw an F3 front rim so you have a 120-70/17 rather than the stock 130-70/16. The best part is that there is NO fabrication involved, simply a rim swap. Axle, rotors, and calipers are all interchangable.