CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Anyone used a triple tree stand to remove wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used a triple tree stand to remove wheel?

I bought a combo front and rear stand . The front is the triple tree type. I bought this in case I ever needed to do fork work. I also just bought my bike which is a 99 900. I went to take my front wheel off so I could change tires. I had to deflate the tire and it was tight coming off. Putting the wheel back on after getting the new tire installed was even worse. I barely got it on. I mean it was super tight to where I was just about to take the rotors off so i could get it back on. I was flexing the fender. I had to be really careful and I think I still scratched up my rotor a little trying to wedge it in there. Anyone use one of these stands? What's the right way to do it? By the way, I took the fender off and when I did that and had the wheel on I had a hell of a time getting the fender back on cause there is no room between the back of the bracket and the tire to get your fingers in there. You have to hold it while you screw the bolts back on to mount the fender.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Muppet of the month August 2012 ROTM

What kind of stand ??

I have a pit bull stand and a cheap triple tree stand and never had that problem

Old 08-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Old 08-23-2012, 02:40 PM

Well after looking at it I dont see why it wouldnt work.......

With my pit bull stand I dont need to take anything off and it works good

it does say that it needs to be used in conjunction with the rear stand maybe that's what is wrong ? did you use just the front ?

Just throwing it out there

Old 08-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No reason your front stand shouldn't work if the manufacturer indicates that it will work w/ your particular bike/model. Also, as UalRamper said above, they are designed to work in conjunction w/a rear stand.

I use PitBulls as well. My front stand utilizes a particular pin for the lower triple... There are dif pins for dif bike models. Otherwise, my PitBull front stand works as designed - great!

Old 08-23-2012, 09:14 PM

They do say that on some bikes, you might need to remove a fairing, relocate the horn, etc. What year/model bikes do you guys have? And yes I'm using the rear stand with the front stand.I called the manufacturer today. they said that they havent heard of any issues like this. must be more clearance on the newer bikes. All I need is like another inch of clearance. So if I was to put the front stand on a couple 2x4's it would be fine. the wheel will drop right out. Or , if I could keep the front suspension compressed, it would give me the clearance I need. It's the damn front fender that is the problem.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:26 PM

^ That is odd. W/ my PitBull, all I had to do was make sure the pin lined up. The horn could be an obstruction but that's very easily removed. Otherwise, you should just be able to simply line up & lift up w/o problem. My PitBull front stand is dual purpose. It can be used as a simple lift under the fork tubes or w/ its attachment to use as a front end lift via lower triple for fork work. I've used it both ways. Used as a front end lift, the forks come right out w/o any problem. Its solid as a rock.

I use my PitBull for F4, RC51, & SV650. A simple lower triple pin swap is all that's required.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:03 PM

The 900 has a big front fender. Maybe thats why?

Old 08-24-2012, 12:05 PM

Try taking some pics, maybe its something that fresh eyes will catch ........other wise its just weird and hard to fix from my key board

Old 08-24-2012, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by cchristanis
The 900 has a big front fender. Maybe thats why?
The fender shouldn't be problematic w/ the stand.

Quick Reply: Anyone used a triple tree stand to remove wheel?