CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

95 900RR instrument cluster issues.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 900RR instrument cluster issues.....

Ok, I need some ideas here. I have a 95 900RR and have a few issues. Whenever I go over a bridge or hit small bumps, my speedo & odometer cuts out. When it goes out, the light for neutral quits working as well. It will stay out till the next good bump, then everything starts working again. I'm sure something is just loose. The funny thing is the tach still works regardless of if the speedo is working or not. Any ideas where should I check?

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but my temp gauge quit working a few months back. It hasn't worked at all. The bike operates normally and the fan cuts on and off like it should. The gauge just doesn't work. Where should I start troubleshooting? Thanks in advance.
Chris

Old 09-15-2005, 07:25 PM
Default RE: 95 900RR instrument cluster issues.....

I am not sure where you should begin, but while you do ride you don't have to worry about adding miles to the odometer. This has been the case for my bronco for the past 1.5 years. No speed = no miles. But mine is simple, its the wire to the transmission is a bit loose, so I would guess you could check that first and go from there.

Old 10-08-2005, 06:03 PM

i kinda have the same problem. when i was riding one day, i hit a huge bump which set the speedo spinning. it finally just quit altogether but everything else still works fine. the wierd thing is that awhile ago my brother tipped my bike over and broke the front fairing stay bracket. when that was broke, the speedo worked. when i fixed it, it stopped working again. i checked the harnesses back there and wiring and nothing i can find needs to be fixed. good luck though.

Old 10-27-2005, 02:02 PM

Well I finally got everything fixed last night. I came home from work and my speedo started acting up again. It would spin, go to the speed I was cruising at, then quit working. So last night, I pulled the windscreen off and unhooked the gauges. Well I went and looked at all the wires. Everything looked good. I looked at the back of the temp gauge and there were 3 wires going to it. All of them had a decent amount of corosion on the terminals going to the gauge. So I cleaned them up good, then sprayed some electrical contact cleaner on the main harness where the cluster plugs into.

I fire up the bike this morning and everything is working great. My temp gauge works again. No issues with the speedo yet either. So there must have been a loose connection or some corrosion somewhere. Everything seems to be doing great. Easy fix. I don't know why I waited so long. LOL.