CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

webby64

Old 11-16-2018, 08:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up webby64

"G'day" I'm new to computers, & this forum gig, but have been riding bikes since Christmas Day 1975 when my xmass present was a Brand new Honda Z50 ( which mum & dad paid $411.00cash), & even though i was 9 years old, I fell in love that very day, & now still feeling the same way, some 43 years later on, I have sampled bikes from the tree's of the Big 4 bike makers, & I can't help myself, because I still always end up with a Honda in the garage. The present Honda at my joint is a 2003 euro Repsol production CBR954RR, (OD:36454 K's) which i bought for $2500.00, & it looked brand new & shiny, but it wouldn't start up, Then I put in a new fuel pump, 6mm & 8mm fuel hose's , & hose clamps, & totally cleaned the fuel tank , the fuel filter, & pressure flushed all 4 x injectors, where using my own labor, & spent $29.75 in parts & fluids. & this is why i keep going back to Honda because of the build quality, where for instance with this 954RR? & it had sat for 8 or so years, with out any store prep done to it? so of course the fuel system will gum up when sitting so long, But the proof, that it's such a quality build was the simple overhaul service of the mechanical fuel system to get the 954RR back to it's killer self. These days when it comes to 1 liter high performance sports bikes? their speeds & road handling are so closely matched, where for punters like me?, the build quality, & it's service & repair set up is very important, when the inspect & fix is on the go. So far, to get these 954rr parts hasn't been a drama, as there's loads of them on line, & they were very, very "cheep"!!. (for instance- 2 x fork seals were $8) I'm not all Honda, as in my garage, I've a R6 chained to the 954RR, & this 2008 Yamaha 600 sports is by far the big Daddy of the 600 sports, for that year, out there on the streets, with out a doubt,. Even this 954RR which was on for a very short production of only 2 years, & is 15 years since last production, is still very easy to get after market parts, & there's lot of them about, as well as very cheep too. Should this had been a European produced bike of only 2 years? & was 15 years since last made? A wrecker would be the only choice, as well as being super expensive for a used this or that item of that make & model. "Yep"!! I admit it! I'm a Honda fan! & I just love the CBR1000RR's , no matter what year. C.W

Old 11-20-2018, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi Webby,

First of all, welcome to the forum. They really are great bikes, and agreed that build quality makes ownership of these bikes a lot easier than other oems

I'd recommend looking over the forum rules here: https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-membe...l-rules-52156/

It's totally understandable to be new to computers and forums in general (we all were once) so as some rough guidelines I'd recommend a couple things to be aware of:
-There's a lot of older posts by members who haven't been on for a while, or have figured out their mechanical issues and not posted updates etc. It's pretty typical for this type of forum. While you may have a solution, they probably won't see it. However if you see an active member that needs help, by all means go right ahead
-Typing in bold is similar to all-caps. It makes it sound like you're always shouting. I try and reserve it for things that really need emphasis (ie if someone is doing something unsafe or ignoring good advice)
-Try to make sure you're posting in the correct subforum. ie this post is in the 650F section, where I'm assuming you meant to post it in the 954 section. I'll move the post for you

Again, welcome aboard, and feel free to get in touch if you have any more questions