Finally regained my senses...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally regained my senses...

Hello CBRForum Members! After a short(ish) stint into "Cruiser"land I have come to my senses and am now in my happy place once again. Atop a new, to me, 2015 CBR650F sporting the stealthy Batman looking Black Matte color scheme.

A short time ago I made a poor decision to give up my beloved '02 F4i with the thoughts that a Cruiser style bike might be more "comfortable" and "fitting" for me.

I got into a 2012 Yamaha VStar 950 tourer (yes, saddle bags, giant windscreen, chrome EVERYWHERE... the whole nine yards). It really was a sight to behold in it's bright blue color. Honestly it was pretty... But that is about as far as my feelings ever got for it.

I rode it at the end of last season, and all through this season, and in the end... I just wasn't having any "fun" on my rides any more. It was loud, and honestly while it was pretty, I think it was a little too ostentatious for me.

After a particularly longer ride than I normally take, on some really nice curvy roads... I got off of it, not only kinda bored with the trip, but pretty achey too. So I thought, hey... if I was doing this for "comfort", I missed the mark big time.

Without Comfort, without Fun, and without Excitment... riding had become almost a chore.

So just recently I went out in search of something more. I didn't want to go backwards to another F4i, I wanted something a little newer. But I did still want the comfortable seating position and I completely trusted Honda and the CBR line... so I found a good trade deal for the 2015 CBR650F that I am now the proud owner of.

So I'm back, and I'll post pics of things I'm changing about the bike and hopefully get back into some of the fun Forum things going on. Other than the riding, I'll say I honestly missed being a part of this community. You guys helped me when I was a new rider and are a great source of CBR info.

I'm also happy to have come back at the perfect time to have a specific place to put my CBR650F Adventures and ideas in... it's very own subforum!

See you all around!
~Jason

P.S. I just realized I need to update my signature! I'll get to that soon with new pics... the car is different now too

Old 08-20-2017, 06:00 PM

Welcome back!

Old 08-25-2017, 05:18 AM

Welcome back! It's pretty quiet around here for now as there just are not that many 650f's on the road.

Old 08-27-2017, 08:52 PM

Thanks everyone for the warm Welcome Backs!

Old 12-02-2017, 06:38 PM

To jmeekman: Am curious how you like the CBR650F compared with the CBR F4i you previoulsy had. I suspect you find the 650F the more comfortable of the two models. How do the two models compare and contrast in other ways?

Old 12-05-2017, 12:55 AM

I too tried going the route of a "cruiser" back in 2002. All of my street bikes to that point had been sport bikes. One season of peg scraping trying to ride it like a sport bike and being underwhelmed left me yearning. I didn't like it at all. Got rid of it and didn't ride street again until 2012. Picked up a 2012 ninja 300 to get my feet wet again and loved it (to a point). It served it's purpose and I racked up a ton of miles on it in 2 years. But it didn't satisfy that "itch". I didn't want a Super Sport pretzel bike for commuting and occasional canyon fun and decided on a 2014 CBR650F. So far it's been my favorite bike I've ever owned. It ain't refined but it's not brutal in ergonomics. It does a daily commute quite well, goes fast when needed and doesn't beat my body up too bad. It ain't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it's a good all around bike that doesn't break the bank.