WTF? Stock Windscreen Melts Guages?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WTF? Stock Windscreen Melts Guages?

you figure anything that's clear or clear enough and can focus light will melt the guage...

Old 02-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Grady

As long as the screws that hold the windscreen in place dont have any toolmarks on them, they really cant accuse you of changing the screen!
I've taken my windsceen off three times. (Once to clean it, once to do my HID's, once to do my Raccoon Mask).....needless to day, 2 of those plastic SOB's snapped right off the first time I was putting it back on, so they aren't even the factory screws anymore.

I'm sure my dealer will believe me. They've always been great about helping me with whatever problem I had. They're honest, therefore I'm honest. If they don't cover it, I'm sure at least I can find a guage overlay somewhere if I have to.'

Also, does it have the same problem if it's a tinted windscreen? I like those OEM dark smoke windscreens (not a fan of the double-bubble). I wonder if that'll slow down the melting. Either way, looks like I have to cover that damn guage up everytime I park it outside now.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as the screws that hold the windscreen in place dont have any toolmarks on them, they really cant accuse you of changing the screen!
Just say who ever PDI'd the bike marked up those plastic screws when they put on the windscreen. That's weird I've never heard of that happening before.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:41 AM

Its all that bragging you were doing about your nice weather.Mother nature bites back

Old 02-13-2007, 05:02 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: bushmasterAR15

Its all that bragging you were doing about your nice weather. Mother nature bites back
LOL!!!! I was wondering when that was going to come back and bite me in the ***. Good one.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:43 AM

Pretty sure all the after market screens come with a perforated sticker on the back to prevent this. Looks dumb, but better then a T-shirt.. In fact I thought the stock ones had that as well.