CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/)
-   -   Why is my bike so 'slow'? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/why-my-bike-so-slow-16302/)

matt 06-09-2006 07:12 AM

Why is my bike so 'slow'?

Hi all - ive had a few bikes; a f4i and a GSXR 600. now having a 600rr, im noticing its not super fast - almost even slower than the f4i. Now i know this isnt possible - the only reason i can think of is that its still in the 'running in' phase.

Have you guys had similar experiences? Does the first service really losen things up? I immagine its because of all the crap currently in the oil etc, but the bike is doesnt sound healthy at 12 thousand rpm...

Advice please!

Vermino 06-09-2006 07:53 AM

RE: Why is my bike so 'slow'?

well a RR compared to a Gixxer - the Gixxer only has 5 more HP then the RR, (unless you had a highly modded gixx and F4i) - but you might want to take it in.

I don't believe it's brand of bike (unless you down-graded or something) all the bikes above 02' are mostly the same, the style is alittle bit different, same with some of the engine comp but they all have the same HP and torque -

Actually the 06's RR from what i see in the magazines say they beat Gixxer 600 by 0.038 secs in the quarter mile

Honda CBR600RR - 10.571 sec. @ 132.48mph
Suzuki GSX-R600 - 10.533 sec. @ 132.71mph

for being a new bike, there is a small break-in period you need to do but when you were signing papers with the salesman, they were preping your bike (which also consists of one huge rev to set the pistons rings)
I don't know where the link went to (sorry just refomatted my computer so lost all my links) but i think search for "break in" or something similiar and there is a link on how to break your bike in right (your manual should also tell you how) but seeing how you already feeling problems in the bike, take it to the dealership - let them check it out and also talk to the maintance guy about what you should do (dont ask salesmen, usually they just get hired and know nothing about bikes)

good luck with the new bike man.. put some pics up of it

ashsammy 06-09-2006 11:44 AM

what do you weight?

cbr04 06-09-2006 11:49 AM

that doesn't sound normal. i'd have it checked out.

Fretless33 06-09-2006 12:15 PM

I recommend the "Rider Replacement Kit (RRK)," that should perk the bike right up...

plasteredbassist 06-09-2006 12:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

I recommend the "Rider Replacement Kit (RRK)," that should perk the bike right up...
haha that reminded me of when i worked at circuit city and we told ppl their computer had an E.S.O. error (equipment supperior to operator)

matt 06-09-2006 01:02 PM

people its because its being broken in!! bikes wont get the full power available till after the first service when they are flushed straight out....

Fretless33 06-09-2006 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: matt

people its because its being broken in!! bikes wont get the full power available till after the first service when they are flushed straight out....
What exactly is involved in being "flused straight out," is this some special horse power adding event secretly done to a select group of people's bikes...do you have that sensitive of an ass dyno to be able to detect these subtle differences? :D

Sorry...I couldn't resist :D I even added a few laughing emoticons...

dwhite645 06-10-2006 09:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

What exactly is involved in being "flused straight out," is this some special horse power adding event secretly done to a select group of people's bikes...do you have that sensitive of an ass dyno to be able to detect these subtle differences? :D

Sorry...I couldn't resist :D I even added a few laughing emoticons...
That's when they adjust the sensitivity of the seat so the ass dyno has full range. I thought everyone knew about that?

alte22a 06-10-2006 03:47 PM

I thought the CBR 600RR was quick out of the box for street use. If you want you can open her out at full throttle as soon as you get out of the show room, but the realiabilty goes down. 600RR too slow upgrade to a 1000RR, if fireblade is still too slow ask honda to order you an RC211V if thats too slow then I dont know.