Who sells slip clutches for Honda in Philadelphia?

Old 07-22-2006, 03:11 PM
LL1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who sells slip clutches for Honda in Philadelphia?

I need a slip clutch (STM, Yoyodyne or similar) for my 2005 600RR and since I will be in Philadelphia in Sep for business trip I figured I could buy it there (way cheaper than in Europe, partly thanks to strong € currency). So if anyone knows places worth visiting preferably as close to downtown area as possible please let me know. I also need a shifter but a place stocking clutches should have those too...

LL
Finland

Old 07-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Default RE: Who sells slip clutches for Honda in Philadelphia?

Planning a lot of track time for your bike?

I don't of any places in Philly, but I'm just curious about your need of a shifter and slipper clutch...I'm assuming a GP style shifter...right?

Old 07-22-2006, 06:42 PM
LL1

I use the bike only on track and slip clutch is pretty much only thing it lacks. Naturally slip clutch will make things easier (=better lap times I hope) but I consider it a safety feature as well; I have almost crashed several times (the latest incident was on Wednesday) because of poor throttle control when downshifting.

I do not use clutch shifting up so shifter will actually reduce the strain on the gearbox due to unavoidable timing problems of the hand and leg. 95% of the time shifting goes smoothly but I`d like to eliminate the last 5%, besides shifting in corners/when tilted should go easier without the need to go off-throttle.

From the above you can read between the lines that I could also solve this issue by working on my throttle control but as long as technology can help why not use it?

I tried to google some motorcycle accessories stores in Philadelphia area but without luck so far, I could naturally order the parts but I would prefer saving the delivery fees and possible customs

Old 07-22-2006, 08:16 PM

Bravo LL!!! Good luck on the bargain hunting

Old 07-22-2006, 10:59 PM

Not to many places, if any, carry that "in-stock", you would have to order it anyway, unless somebody is willin' to hook u up.

Old 07-23-2006, 10:29 AM
LL1

Any hints where to order from...or what brand of clutch to stay away from if any? I know Italian(?) STM should be okay but dunno if they carry that brand in US. Yoyodyne is less expensive but does that mean less good also...?

I will consider the option of ordering the parts to my hotel so the place of purchase could be anywhere in the States. That is if they are willing to deliver to different address that is in my credit card

To hook up with someone could be complicated since it is a business trip with changing schedule as usual...

We`ll see what happens, it`s a damn shame they sell only liquor and cigarettes at the airports and i.e. no parts for motorcycles

Old 07-24-2006, 10:40 AM

If your gonna be in/around philly I recomend kneedraggers.com. They are located nearby in Delaware, and I have been told good things about them. I myself have never ordered from them, but their website looks pretty legit.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:48 AM
LL1

Thanks!!

Looks like a place worth visiting. I´m also considering of ordering the goods to my hotel from hardracing.com, the clutch is cheaper there but I will call kneedraggers and ask their final price...

Old 07-27-2006, 02:11 PM

I've ordered a few things from kneedraggers.com and they are very reliable, but some of their products are back ordered, so make sure you check first.